What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Bald Eagle

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Bald Eagle »

Seeing 3 buzzards circling overhead. Mating pair and last years chick I should think. All the flying rats (pigeons) have disappeared! :good:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

Emptying my piggy bank into the magic counting machine in Intermarché and having 49.90€!

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I wish I could find one of those. All the small shrapnel is building up and taking up too many useful storage jars.

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

What didnae please Mrs Bald Eagle - 3 circling buzzards s̶h̶i̶ pooing on her clean sheets.
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Aardvark wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:23 pm
I wish I could find one of those. All the small shrapnel is building up and taking up too many useful storage jars.
Leclerc in Carhaix have one, is there a Leclerc near you? There you get the amount in vouchers only usable in the shop but if you shop there anyway it's a reduction on the bill.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am
I'm still enthusiastic about mine, they corrected my lack of foresight on installations I did 25 and 14 years ago, areas that then were not too much of a problem to the younger me with 20/20 vision to stumble through in the gloom to get to the light switch.
Still waiting for OH to put up our 2 way ones, :roll: bought when first mentioned by LD.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

We had a call this afternoon to book for our second vaccination at our local GP surgery/Salvation Army hall.

That will probably make Saturday 27th March our busiest day in over a year; our jabs and our grocery delivery taking place the same morning - what a busy life! 😁

curtis

Post by curtis »

Aardvark wrote:
How does that happen? Do you empty your pockets into the jar each day and only pay for things with paper money and never the correct amount. Our boulangère, Odile, is delighted to get the correct money and even more so if it is a handful of small coins.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I havn't used coins for years now, more than 5 years, maybe a lot longer.

I have some for change if a renter pays in cash and occasionally I may pay cash with a banknote for something and get change but that has been a couple of years since I did.

I think when the coins did build up I may have used them when I went to a rédérie or for a takeaway kebab, neither of those for the last 12 months and maybe once or twice a year before.

For 10 years now since giving up alcohol I never go to a bar, since giving up bread I never go to a Boulangerie, without those there is never ever a need for coins.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

curtis wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:53 pm
Aardvark wrote:
How does that happen? Do you empty your pockets into the jar each day and only pay for things with paper money and never the correct amount. Our boulangère, Odile, is delighted to get the correct money and even more so if it is a handful of small coins.
I do tend to use cash (notes) and always end up with loose change. Ever seen anything in a shop for exactly €5 or €10? Always €4.99, etc. My eyesight being what it is I have to find my glasses, put them on, and sort through my coins reading the value on each one as quickly as possible before the mask wearing fogs them up. Meanwhile people around me are huffing and puffing at me taking so long to do what any French child could do blindfolded. Much easier to just pay with a note. It wasn't a problem in the past when we used to sell at boot fairs. There was always some clown handing me a €20 note for a 50ct purchase. OH made little packets of shrapnel in one euro batches to hand out in these instances. So apart from missing out on the handy income, we now can't get rid of the loose copper scrap.