What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
curtis

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by curtis »

Following my post on the "doing today" thread I had another glance at the bench with all the parts needed to reinstall the gearbox and bugger me (optional) there were the missing bolts in a pot clearly marked "Bolts g'box/block"; that proves I did put them somewhere correctly. I just couldn't see them.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

curtis wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:13 pm
Following my post on the "doing today" thread I had another glance at the bench with all the parts needed to reinstall the gearbox and bugger me (optional) there were the missing bolts in a pot clearly marked "Bolts g'box/block"; that proves I did put them somewhere correctly. I just couldn't see them.
By which time you'd bought replacements. Replacement glasses as well, perhaps?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

curtis

Post by curtis »

New glasses within the last few months. Mind you I wasn't wearing them at the time. (when I found the bolts)
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Sold a crafting lamp secondhand - doing well selling over the last 2 weeks :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Crystal

Post by Crystal »

The kinetic wireless light switches I finally got around to ordering a week ago arrived today from China - can't wait to get them wired up and try them out - OH says it's not normal for an 'old woman' to get excited about light switches :lol:

ajm

Post by ajm »

Tackled the ANTS website to renew OH's driving licence - no problem :)
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Crystal wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:39 pm
The kinetic wireless light switches I finally got around to ordering a week ago arrived today from China - can't wait to get them wired up and try them out - OH says it's not normal for an 'old woman' to get excited about light switches :lol:
We've got three external doors to our barn & were always leaving the lights on when we exited the place so I ordered & fitted a set of three kinetic switches which,by the way, work superbly.
When I showed my old gal that we now had switches by each door she said " that's nice" :roll:

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Our son came round for coffee in the garden this morning, lovely to sit and chat together. Lovely, too, to wander round the garden and see so many spring flowers - hundreds of primroses, some violets, the first blossoms on my magnolia stellata and on the chaenomeles bushes, and the green woodpecker has visited on and off all day.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Crystal wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:39 pm
Mrs Aardvark is still enthusiastic about the ones I fitted ages ago.
The little things make all the difference. :)
Conservative government: A disease without a cure

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I'm still enthusiastic about mine, they corrected my lack of foresight on installations I did 25 and 14 years ago, areas that then were not too much of a problem to the younger me with 20/20 vision to stumble through in the gloom to get to the light switch.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”