What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Elizabeth

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Elizabeth »

We do connected hearts at work,if someone is admitted during the pandemic the patient and their relative both get a hand made heart to keep them connected

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

That’s a lovely idea.

When I went in to hospital to have a mastectomy I was given a bright pink heart to cuddle up to, just the right size and beautifully soft. Kind volunteers make them, a brilliant idea.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I can go out tomorrow :good:

Recherche du virus SARS-Cov 2 par RT-PCROrigineNasopharyngéeCoronavirus (2019-nCoV,Sras-coV-2,COVID 19) Négatif

Technique RT-PCR en temps réel sur CFX Marquage CE-Validé par le Centre National de Référence

Recherche des nouveaux variants COVID19 Négative
(Variants Anglais (20I/501Y.V1) , Sud Africain (20H/501Y.V2) et Brésilien (20J/501Y.V3)

3 tests and 17 days of quarantine for a visit to the UK where when I could go out everywhere was closed & I was not allowed to meet anybody or even have a coffee with my neighbour.

In 5 weeks I only saw and spoke with 5 people.

I dont think its going to be any different here although all the shops are currently open.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

jsks

Post by jsks »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:52 pm
I can go out tomorrow :good:

Recherche du virus SARS-Cov 2 par RT-PCROrigineNasopharyngéeCoronavirus (2019-nCoV,Sras-coV-2,COVID 19) Négatif

Technique RT-PCR en temps réel sur CFX Marquage CE-Validé par le Centre National de Référence

Recherche des nouveaux variants COVID19 Négative
(Variants Anglais (20I/501Y.V1) , Sud Africain (20H/501Y.V2) et Brésilien (20J/501Y.V3)

3 tests and 17 days of quarantine for a visit to the UK where when I could go out everywhere was closed & I was not allowed to meet anybody or even have a coffee with my neighbour.

In 5 weeks I only saw and spoke with 5 people.

I dont think its going to be any different here although all the shops are currently open.
👍

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Ten years after being put out the game by HMRC the famous Glasgow Rangers are possibly a game away from becoming champions after a 1-0 win over Livingston tonight. Next league game is against Celtic. A draw clinches it. Otherwise 4 points from 21.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Lovely guy who owns a local restaurant gave me a cast iron skillet (free) and he also took me to his cash and carry - got 2.80 kilos of fillet steak for 45 euros - he came back to mine and prepared it for me - VHB XXXXXXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

AIIy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 pm
Ten years after being put out the game by HMRC the famous Glasgow Rangers are possibly a game away from becoming champions after a 1-0 win over Livingston tonight. Next league game is against Celtic. A draw clinches it. Otherwise 4 points from 21.
Heard it suggested that Celtic may do a guard of honour for them when Rangers win the league. :good:
Anne
loved you yesterday,
love you still,
always have,
always will

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

What has pleased me today? Being allowed a meat smothered pizza for dinner! :)
Anne
loved you yesterday,
love you still,
always have,
always will

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:39 pm
AIIy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 pm
Heard it suggested that Celtic may do a guard of honour for them when Rangers win the league. :good:
It all went bosoms up. Celtic's game was in fact v Dundee United. They drew, making Rangers champions. Unfortunately thousands of moronic fans decided a mass city centre confinement busting celebration was the order of the day. Kantz.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

While I was cooking lunch we had a green woodpecker arrive twice to eat the few remaining apples on our main apple tree, a greater spotted woodpecker arrived a bit later, and a large flock of goldfinches settled to peck insects from branches on other apple trees, andreturned to the same tree about 10 minutes after flying off.

It’s pretty suburban around here, although we all have big gardens plus there’s a small ancient woodland at the bottom of our garden. I love having many trees around, the mainreason we bought this house and our apartment in France, and really appreciate birds visiting to eat and the lovely birdsong we’re very lucky to hear.