What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Crystal

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Crystal »

Gigi wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:34 pm
I love trees and sometimes take photos of beautiful bark. I loved trees shown in these photos:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-56211135
Lovely photos, I especially liked the beach tree and the huge Tazmanian trees. :D

The 'fairy tree' picture made me shiver because it reminded me of my early life in Ireland and being scared to death by the fairy tree stories told by the locals...so scared that to this day I'd still be afraid to go anywhere near a fairy tree.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Got the lawn cut for the first time this year. Bit of a mess but if it stays dry the lawn sweeper will soon sort that out & then I'm going to plant spuds under the cuttings. :D
A pessimist is just a better informed optimist

ajm

Post by ajm »

The ride-on started first time.
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

jsks

Post by jsks »

Have you been taking Viag......

Oh, ride-on.

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Rediscovering a unopened and forgotten about bottle of Laphroaig. Between what I already had, a couple of recent gifts and the Laphroaig my whisky stash is looking the best it has for a couple of years. That took the edge off me finding an oil leak in the ride on. Not serious. The drain plug had loosened so it'll prompt an overdue oil change.
Drinking some of the whisky will take the edge off everything. Thank god it's Friday.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

AIIy wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Thank god it's Friday.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:12 pm
I’ve found out that there is going to be a new baby in the family, The last one in this branch of my family was the daddy 34 years ago
Bouncing baby boy ,born by c section this morning but both okay ,he’s nine pounds exactly

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Any good news is welcome, but hearing that a healthy bouncing boy has arrived safely is extra good! 🥂 🍾

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

AIIy wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Rediscovering a unopened and forgotten about bottle of Laphroaig. Between what I already had, a couple of recent gifts and the Laphroaig my whisky stash is looking the best it has for a couple of years. That took the edge off me finding an oil leak in the ride on. Not serious. The drain plug had loosened so it'll prompt an overdue oil change.
Drinking some of the whisky will take the edge off everything. Thank god it's Friday.
Lucky you. When I discovered a leak in the ride on it turned out to be the crankshaft oil seal. I'll have to take the engine out completely and disassemble it to replace the seal. And I haven't yet discovered my bottle of whisky. :(
I have a problem with smartphones. I need one hand to hold the phone, another to peck/push/and swipe, and another to hold the magnifying glass.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

I received via post from my grandson a small heart shaped token labelled “pocket hug”