What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
rabbit

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by rabbit »

Package ordered from Amazon was marked "livre en mains propre" Well I searched all the normal places and it wasn't there. Contacted Amazon and they said they would contact transporter and call me in two days. Sure enough two days later Amazon called and said they were sorry and would refund immediately. A week later I go into our shed and guess what is there? They never usually leave stuff here as it is some way from the house - plus they had said "livre en mains propre" So I contacted Amazon again and told them parcel had been delivered and that they could charge the 29€ from my card. They thanked me for telling them and then added a 5€ credit to my account.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

A 5€ bonus for being truthful! 😊

I think that the phrase means different things to different posties.

I’ve received emails from Amazon and other couriers saying that parcels have been handed over to the owner, when they’ve been left outside our unlocked porch door in the snow, despite our standard delivery instructions stating that the door is unlocked.

Some messages come complete with a photo of a parcel at a door - but the door usually belongs to neighbours!

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I opened the bedroom shutters this morning, looked down to the front garden and our little peach tree has blossomed. So have the almond tree across the road as well - lovely. :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

bubbles1 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:36 pm
I opened the bedroom shutters this morning, looked down to the front garden and our little peach tree has blossomed. So have the almond tree across the road as well - lovely. :D
I looked out this morning & saw frost.
Good job our peach tree had not blossomed otherwise it'd be another year without peaches.
I do wish our earliest flowering peach & plum trees could reach an agreement with Jack. :)

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Nice and organised at the prefecture this afternoon. Nice French speaking man clearly trying to put us at ease. Cards will be issued in one to two months. No problem that we can’t get an sms message at the house. No need to take any more fingerprints as we’ll use the ones on the Eu CDS.

Congratulations to the haute Garonne prefecture for making it so painless.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I went into work today after a few days off ,and last night was the first night since this sh!t storm started that the hospital hadn’t admitted a Covid positive patient. The number of C19 positive in patients is about a third of what it was just a few weeks ago and not as many in ICU or respiratory high care. There is a bit of a light starting to glimmer

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

That is very encouraging Liz, in my area they are at the highest they have ever been although as a percentage on new cases lower than before, we are now on the list of départements for surveillance renforcée and will probably have a partial reconfinement like Dunkerque.

Lets hope that we are lagging a couple of weeks behind the UK as the numbers are still increasing, at the time when everyone went off for les grande vacances in July and acted as if there was no epedemic the number of cases was under 160000 and the new cases had been low and remained stable for 3 months, now 6 months after la rentrée there have been just under 4 million cases and 87000 deaths :(
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

I love trees and sometimes take photos of beautiful bark. I loved trees shown in these photos:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-56211135

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Learning how to how to spell masturbate. You're never to old.
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

ajm

Post by ajm »

AIIy wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:37 pm
Learning how to how to spell masturbate. You're never to old.
You'll have to work it out on your own.
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.