What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
After the Storm 2

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Gigi wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:02 pm
News that we have a new great-nephew! Now 3 hours old, named Rowan. What excellent news at the start of 2021! 🥂 🍾 🧸 🎊
Aww Welcome to the world Rowan ! Congratulations to you and your family Gigi.

tim17

Post by tim17 »

After a two week delay our elderly lady's house sale finally went through this afternoon, gave me immense pleasure to call her to let her know and she has two things to celebrate tonight as it's the end of her isolation period in the UK and she can now move into her new home tomorrow. :good:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

My buyer for the UK house & building plot dropped out last week after the solicitor made the formal offer, it didn't surprise me, I knew what the guy was, so I went to plan B and contacted an interested party I had on hold.

I returned last night and this morning recieved an offer for the price already agreed sight unseen from another developer, the one I contacted visited this morning, phoned through with the same offer this afternoon & after some friendly discussion I accepted £7.5k more.

The estate agent has been badgering me al week as they have several buyers for the house alone, everyone is scrabbling to buy at the moment not just for the stamp duty exemption which will most likely be extended but because those in jobs want to get a mortgage while they are still employed in these uncertain times.

Every cloud has a silver lining and it was worth me returning, I know that you should not get personally involved in these things but I feel much happier with this pair of builders than the kite flyer and his cohorts.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

It didnt rain and I got 70% off a lovely skirt in the sales - happy bunny :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

jsks

Post by jsks »

That doesn't leave much skirt. You minx! 😊

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

A tenner off a sander that I'd already decided to buy, making it only marginally more expensive than the cheaper alternative that I'd talked myself out of.
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I hope Sally is feeling better Ally , is it Coronavirus she has had? Have you decided if you are going to travel to see her or not ?

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:24 pm
I hope Sally is feeling better Ally , is it Coronavirus she has had? Have you decided if you are going to travel to see her or not ?
Not coronavirus. It a long running ongoing chronic condition. Added to that a weak immune system. She's happy to wait until is safer to travel. I'm getting stir crazy. The whole family lives in the same town so she has support and her 'bubble'. Thanks for asking. 👍
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Good to hear she has support close by

jsks

Post by jsks »

AIIy wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:05 pm
Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:24 pm
Not coronavirus. It a long running ongoing chronic condition. Added to that a weak immune system. She's happy to wait until is safer to travel. I'm getting stir crazy. The whole family lives in the same town so she has support and her 'bubble'. Thanks for asking. 👍
She may have her support bubble but you have us!

Can't be easy for either of you.