What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Veem

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Veem »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:57 pm
I'm sure Google could tell me but it's better from the horse's mouth, as it were - 33 seems a fine age for a horse, how long do they last, in the best of conditions?
Well, he's outlived all the horses who were his fellow hackers/competitors. To be honest he's reached a very good age and every year for the last 5 or 6 I've thought he might not be with me much longer. Ponies can live longer than horses, but my boy, who is a proper horse, is doing really well. He's been retired from any type of 'work' for the past 6 years and is now just enjoying a life of being pampered. And I just love him to bits. If I could, I'd add a huge great heart emoji now.

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

💙 There you go veem, a big heart for your boy! I kind of miss having an oldie to pamper. My daughter's first pony made it to 39. He had virtually no molars left and was almost completely blind but still managed to tank off while being led regularly!

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

❤️ another one for your lovely boy, Veem.

I posted my diy Covid test at 16h yesterday, collection at the post box was due at 17h. I had the result ar 22.01 this evening - pretty good going, I thought.

Negative, by the way, as I expected. The Covid study I report to daily asked me to have a test based on reactions following vaccination last week, pretty minor that I wouldn't have even considered reporting if there hadn’t been a tick list when I recorded my vaccination.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Learning that the trust has started taking part in another research project,this one involves giving low dose radiotherapy to the lungs of people with Covid pneumonia,apparently some work has also been done on it in Brazil

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Is it wrong to smile at this ? :P

"Many once-loyal members of Mar-a-Lago are leaving because they no longer want to have any connection to former President Donald Trump..."

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/24/busi ... index.html

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

@ AtS, perhaps they are trying to figure out who the new Trump II will be, and then shout: let go the anchors here! Not a pleasant thought.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

News that we have a new great-nephew! Now 3 hours old, named Rowan. What excellent news at the start of 2021! 🥂 🍾 🧸 🎊

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Congratulations! Now don't spoil him will you when you get the chance!!! :D :good:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Congratulations Auntie GiGi

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Thank you for the congratulations, it’s so good to receive such lovely news, particularly at this time. Rowan is our third great-nephew and we also have 1 great-niece, all of whom live quite a distance away. So we won’t be seeing him or them for quite some time, particularly as we don’t/can’t go anywhere due to Covid.