What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
ajm

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by ajm »

Having booked an appointment for my jab yesterday and now reading that there were 1million appointments made I have just reminded Mrs. ajm that I am one in a million. Her reply was not printable :lol:
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Nothing, but its only noon. There's time yet.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Had a phone call from our daughter today. She is a Higher Level Teaching Assistant at a primary school in Selby. Late yesterday evening she received an email from her headmistress containing a message from a key worker mum. The mum said that her daughter was full of praise for our daughter, who because of staff shortages, is teaching 8 youngsters. Her daughter said that she loved Simone and said that Simone "broke the rules" to give her a cuddle when she had a toothache at school. To say that Simone was "buzzing" is an understatement!!! :good:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

We had a phone call while I was relaxing waiting for my husband to perfect dessert, which was under the grill - we remembered to turn it off so that we didn’t have burned brulée or house brulée!

The call was to say that our son and elder granddaughter were at the bottom of our garden in the woods, taking a Sunday walk. They had left the muddy path and waded through under and overgrowth, guessing where our garden was as it can’t actually be seen from the centre of the wood, and were just at the edge of the fence, guided at the finish by the climbing frame, totally unused since March last year.

It was so lovely to see them face to face, even though at a distance and with an ash tree and a couple of compost heaps between us - so much better than Zoom or phone calls, although those are lovely to have. Just a quick chat and off they went, what a great treat on this lovely sunny Sunday.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Laughing at the Tut, tut thread!
( but won’t be laughing at anything tomorrow when I have to go for a COVID 19 test!)

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Went for a walk in an area I didn’t know too well. I used Google map to check our route back to the car. The map had a pin with the legend “your car is parked here”
So when I left the car and the Bluetooth pairing was lost, Google map noticed and used the GPS position to mark on the map. Isn’t technology wonderful?

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Better hop it quickly rabbit.
Better still, run, or else Big Brother the farmer will catch up ;)

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Mrs A had a letter from her old tax office today. Not actually a letter as such but a habitation tax statement showing the €192 she was assessed earlier but now showing zero to pay. No explanation at all. Hopefully the payment she made while challenging the bill will be reimbursed at some point. We need the money for more firewood.

Veem

Post by Veem »

I created a new list of what feeds which horses need, as it's changed a bit since I posted the last one up in the feed room. I also made new labels to stick on all the feed containers with details of how much/how often the two horses need anything. It's quite complicated and though I do it without thinking, Biggles would be struggling if I suddenly wasn't here to prepare feeds.

One of our boys is now 33 and almost 'sans dents' so has very special needs. 19 different things go into each of his 4 bucket feeds every day now to make sure he has all the nutrients he needs.

So I'm feeling quite on top of that now and glad I finally found a job to do which was Covid inspired.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

I'm sure Google could tell me but it's better from the horse's mouth, as it were - 33 seems a fine age for a horse, how long do they last, in the best of conditons?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen