Re: What has pleased you today

Post by rabbit »

AIIy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:40 pm
Elizabeth wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:16 pm
I love Maltesers
For you - Think laterally.

One point for who and one point for why.
Is he lead singer of U2?

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

You can’t tell, what with that mask the guy in the pic is/was holding in front of his face.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:15 am
This beauty is the baby of one of my bosses,she was born in July after a pregnancy of 22 weeks and three days,weighing less than a pound and is one of the smallest babies to survive, she is now at home and a happy six month old

Elizabeth, she’s gorgeous, how tiny she must have been at birth! It must have been such a worrying time for her parents, especially with Covid too.

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

rabbit wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 am
AIIy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:40 pm
Elizabeth wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:16 pm
I love Maltesers
For you - Think laterally.

One point for who and one point for why.
Is he lead singer of U2?

His son?

ajm

Post by ajm »

Just had a visit from the festival committee chairman bearing gifts of wine, chocolates and madelines for both of us because our usual annual dinner was cancelled. Very generous and very friendly gesture. Vive la France :D
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Yesterday actually. Finally getting my tongue around the word immatriculation. After another embarrassment of someone else having to say it for me, I came home and listened to Google translate say it about 20 times. Noo I'm walking aboot like Manuel from Fawlty Towers, "I can speak Eenglish. I learn eet from a book."

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

Getting into the car after doing a bit of shopping earlier one of the young lassies who work in the supermarket came running across the car park with some cheese I'd left at the checkout. How kind!

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Heading back home now due to snow.

Glad you didn't lose your cheese stompie, I had to run out after someone the other week that had forgotten to lift their bank card after paying.

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

There was a knock on the door earlier, it was the son of the chasse president with a haunch and fillet of roe deer. Very nice indeed. We have been given something each year we've been here but those are the best bits so I'm feeling very honoured.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Stompie wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:03 pm
There was a knock on the door earlier, it was the son of the chasse president with a haunch and fillet of roe deer. Very nice indeed. We have been given something each year we've been here but those are the best bits so I'm feeling very honoured.
What a lovely delivery from the chasse. For several months now we’ve had to rely on Waitrose deliveries of venison - far better than no venison though!

Our door neighbour in the Gard often (used to) bring us delicious things he’d cooked, and aperos chez-eux were always a great treat; best not to have anything to eat for several hours beforehand. It definitely made up for any drops of blood from his garage under the apartments up in the lift and trails along to his apartment. If his wife was at home she quickly went to clean up, but if she was out on a walk or something it took rather longer,