What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
whyme?

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by whyme? »

Had the horse osteopath here today to 'have a look' at our 24 year old fjord pony who's been showing signs of lameness with no apparent hoof problems & nothing else obvious.
Absolutely amazing how the guy manipulated & bent the old boy with no sign of complaint.
The diagnosis was a sprained ankle & a 'once over' leading to an otherwise ' really good nick for an old boy' comment. Given he's previous record of laminitis & abscess it was an excellent result.
The guy came well recommended & was good value at 80€ inc. travelling.
A pessimist is just a better informed optimist

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

whyme? wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:32 pm
Had the horse osteopath here today to 'have a look' at our 24 year old fjord pony who's been showing signs of lameness with no apparent hoof problems & nothing else obvious.
Absolutely amazing how the guy manipulated & bent the old boy with no sign of complaint.
The diagnosis was a sprained ankle & a 'once over' leading to an otherwise ' really good nick for an old boy' comment. Given he's previous record of laminitis & abscess it was an excellent result.
The guy came well recommended & was good value at 80€ inc. travelling.
That’s excellent news - long may he continue that way!

Veem

Post by Veem »

A very good result all round.

Lameness can be so hard to diagnose as I well know. My 23 year old was constantly lame about 8 years ago and we never got to the bottom of the problem. So, as he's virtually 100% sound in the paddock, we finally retired him without ever getting a diagnosis.

Hopefully your old boy will be loading onto a new trailer soon (now that your wife has her qualification to tow) and heading off to the beach.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Veem wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 am
A very good result all round.

Lameness can be so hard to diagnose as I well know. My 23 year old was constantly lame about 8 years ago and we never got to the bottom of the problem. So, as he's virtually 100% sound in the paddock, we finally retired him without ever getting a diagnosis.

Hopefully your old boy will be loading onto a new trailer soon (now that your wife has her qualification to tow) and heading off to the beach.
Good result indeed as it stops a lot of worrying.
Doing the B96 towing formation appears to have been the easy bit. The hard bit seems to be actually getting the new permit which is still 'being dealt with' as, despite having the paper work to show she is now qualified, she can't actually tow without it. :roll:
A pessimist is just a better informed optimist

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

New phone arrived today. For the first time my two principal devices are the same marque and have the same interface, apps and spell check. Life just got easter.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

AIIy wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:45 pm
New phone arrived today. For the first time my two principal devices are the same marque and have the same interface, apps and spell check. Life just got easter.
Chocolate phone, then?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Same interface and utility as the teapot.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly »

Just read the confirmation that the most recent Fonds de Soldarity have landed in the bank. 6500€+ will be a nice pressie in this miserable year.
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

Loiseau

Post by Loiseau »

Bill Bailey won Strictly

Spectre

Post by Spectre »