What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Tom

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Tom »

Nope, in England it is up to one month according to both my Doctor and diabetes nurse.
:shock: Are you absolutely certain that is what your Doctor and diabetes nurse say, BE?

:lol: It's very strange, because the NHS says differently. See the link below...

https://diabetesmyway.nhs.uk/resources/ ... explained/

Blood glucose levels vary throughout the day and from day to day, but HbA1c gives an average of what the glucose is over a longer 2-3 month period. HbA1c should be measured regularly but not too frequently. You will normally be tested every three to six months
“He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I think that pretty much everyone accepts that it measures blood sugar levels for 2-3 months apart from BE doctor and nurse

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Fascinating. Can't quite see what he's using to rub the table though.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Nothing at all so far - all doom and gloom here with friends being ill and others passing away - hate the phone ringing at the moment.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Landlady rang tonight to tell us that the rent is going up by 70€ per month, no letter previously received, nor the message which she says she left. She got my wife who, with all sweetness and light, quibbled. As landlady is old French, my wife said to her that, in francs, that was an enormous rise. Short pause while landlady reflected, agreed to increase it by only 20€, and hung up on her. :lol: It pays to remind the oldies sometimes of costs in francs.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

I popped in to post exactly that, Elizabeth. It’s a lovely story and beyond the call of duty. I was concerned about what the big bosses would say about it, but the boss praised him, thank goodness. Alec certainly brought good publicity for the bus company.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

We can go and see our lovely friends on the 24th Dec for a yummy meal - to be shared with some other close friends. Heaven really good chrissie pressie for me - I dont have to cook for a change :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Sounds good, bubbles.

We went round to our son’s house for coffee in the garden; it was bitterly cold but dry with the sun popping out from the clouds now and again. We had a really good chat with our son and DIL, our granddaughters rushing in and out telling us their news. I went home with frozen feet and numb fingers, but it was the best morning for a whIle.