What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
curtis

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by curtis »

Stompie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:44 pm
The sun shone. All day.
But where are you ? It doesn't show in your profile.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

whyme? wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:58 pm
My missus did a driving course which upgrades her permit B1 to a B96 which allows her to tow an all up weight of 4.25 Tonnes which she needs if she's to tow a 1 1/2 - 2 horse box with our, potentially, very heavy old Pug 806.
A 7 hour course, cost 265€ all in, which includes all the fees necessary to change her driving licence.
Result :good:
Well done your obviously talented missus ..😊👏🙆
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

curtis wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:55 pm
Stompie wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:44 pm
The sun shone. All day.
But where are you ? It doesn't show in your profile.
North Dordogne.
I changed my profile to remove my location to help keep my horse's location secure. Hopefully any would be attacker won't trawl all my posts and I'm not sure which box they'd tick to be out at night so I'm sleeping a bit easier. A positive of lockdown!

Edited to correct wine-induced typos. :oops:

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Timoth wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:29 pm
Had been looking for a planter of a certain size which was apparently no longer available. Then, going through the old stock at the local garden centre, found one that was the wrong colour (which mattered not a jot to me) and had as a few nicks out of it, as well as being the last one. Persuaded shop guy they wouldnt be able to sell it. So, got it for a little less than half price. Result.
Well done! In my experience they would be more likely to charge extra for a product with "patina".
One spring I observed a shop assistant in BricoMarche setting out a display of BBQ equipment. One small unit he removed from its tattered box was clearly old stock, and was scratched and had a light film of rust on the grille. Discount? Dream on Anglais!
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Started re-felting a 12m long box gutter at about 0930hrs this morning. The weather forecast was for rain at about 1330 but as they're never right I thought I'd have plenty of time.
Worked like stink & finished with all tidied up by 1330 just as the heavens opened. :D

jsks

Post by jsks »

whyme? wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:58 pm
Started re-felting a 12m long box gutter at about 0930hrs this morning. The weather forecast was for rain at about 1330 but as they're never right I thought I'd have plenty of time.
Worked like stink & finished with all tidied up by 1330 just as the heavens opened. :D
A case of the sun shining on the righteous?

curtis

Post by curtis »

After the unfortunate incident in the garden it began to rain so I went into the workshop and worked on an old 1930s starter.
Youpi, it's now going again and the car started au quart de tour. :D
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

ajm

Post by ajm »

Sitting in the sunny courtyard (temp 21°C) for a lunchtime apero with a glass of champagne with the smell of a neigbours barbecue wafting over. Not bad for November - all is well in our part of the world.
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

ajm wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:25 pm
Sitting in the sunny courtyard (temp 21°C) for a lunchtime apero with a glass of champagne with the smell of a neigbours barbecue wafting over. Not bad for November - all is well in our part of the world.

That sounds lovely, I’m feeling rather jealous - we’ve had fog and mist all day so far and it’s reached 12C.

Our son and elder granddaughter happened to pass our drive today on their way to a muddy cycle track - so lovely to see them across our drive for an illegal chat during this lockdown.

One of my entries for the annal photo competition held by an association we belong to in France has made it into the top 13, so will feature on the calendar; my husband normally has a photo that features in it, but it’s my first time, so feeling pleased that we’ll both have photos on the calendar. That entry out of my 3 we’re allowed was taken at Stourhead gardens, across the lake - one of our two one day ‘holidays’ we’ve managed to have this year.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Gardengirl wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:03 pm
One of my entries for the annal photo competition held by an association we belong to in France has made it into the top 13
I really hope you meant 'annual' and not the other alternative, Gigi!
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen