What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Loup-garou

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Loup-garou »

Returned to 52 late yesterday to find the bill for the wood we took out from the village Affouage in the letter box.

22.5 steres of oak and beech at 7€ a stere - not bad! Many, many days of hard, heavy work - also not bad - now that it's finished. :D

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Sounds like a real Dicky deal

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I’ve found out that there is going to be a new baby in the family, The last one in this branch of my family was the daddy 34 years ago

Veem

Post by Veem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:12 pm
I’ve found out that there is going to be a new baby in the family, The last one in this branch of my family was the daddy 34 years ago
Something to really look forward to. Will the new baby be near to you?

I don't suppose many people knit baby clothes any longer. I started a very complicated matinee jacket many years ago but never got it finished. That 'baby' is now almost 50 :!: :lol:

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Not too far, He had a disastrous first marriage which caused an estrangement from his parents,when that relationship broke down the family became close again.He has now met a lovely girl and they were supposed to get married on Saturday until Covid stepped in. They are getting married next year but I was suspecting there may be an arrival in the interim

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Excellent news about our younger son’s employment; he was put on furlough originally due to Covid, was taken back to work 2 days each week during the summer and has now been told that he’ll be ‘reactivated’ to working full time from Monday.

I had thought that he might be transferred onto the new scheme that will start at the end of October or that his company might decide to close the UK office down, so it really is excellent news.

He has worked from our home since he took that job about 5 years ago - he accepted the job offer because of being able to work here as their house is small, and we’ve been very happy with him using a room here as his office. Our younger granddaughter and our DIL were at home at that time, but granddaughter is now at school and our DIL works 4 days each week, running the school’s pre-school.

So circumstances have changed, but their house is still small for him to spread out and for storage etc. We need to decide between us whether to have him back here - we’ve only been together outdoors due to the risk of Covid because of our age and medical conditions as our grandchildren and our DIL mix with quite a number of other people, and our son visits shops as well as being with his family.

Veem

Post by Veem »

Understandably this must seem like a double-edged sword. You are bound to feel delighted about your son's reactivated job status but at the same time, wary about the reinstating previous 'office' arrangements. Maybe you can work out an in/out system which allows him access to his office without affecting the rest of your house. A ladder up to a window perhaps :?: :) I hope you find a solution which keeps you all happy.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Got a refund from a UK company about 6 weeks ago for a parcel that didn't turn up ie they told me that the carrier (P2P) had told them it was lost in the post. The parcel actually turned up yesterday. I phoned the company and said I owe you some money as the goodies have arrived today. Their response was 'thank you for being so honest and we can confirm that you can keep the goods and there is no need to pay for them and we hope you will shop with us again'............well of course I will :D
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

curtis

Post by curtis »

Carburateur parts arrived today as expected although the DHL site said next Monday. Very pleased. Everything back together and seems to be running well.
There was a fuel leak which is not too comfortable. All nearly ready for a trip to the banked circuit at Montlhéry in a couple of weeks.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

ajm

Post by ajm »

Trump has got it ;)
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.