What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Gardengirl

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Gardengirl »

We visited a favourite restaurant in Oxford to celebrate my birthday, the first time we’ve eaten indoors at a restaurant or pub since February. We had a lovely meal and were well looked after; good food and wine, a lovely waiter and very good Covid policies carried out by staff made us feel very relaxed.

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Gardengirl wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:49 pm
We visited a favourite restaurant in Oxford to celebrate my birthday, the first time we’ve eaten indoors at a restaurant or pub since February. We had a lovely meal and were well looked after; good food and wine, a lovely waiter and very good Covid policies carried out by staff made us feel very relaxed.
(Belated) Happy Birthday !

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Happy belated Birthday GG

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Thank you, AtS2 and Elizabeth.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Happy birthday GG. ;)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Specsavers2

Post by Specsavers2 »

Birthday wishes gg

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

24 hours after ordering a new Livebox, our new one is up and running. :good:
The original got fried at the weekend, I thought I'd managed to request a new one on Sunday but the dodgy mobile internet didn't complete the request.
I'm usually very good at unplugging when the thunder gets close but I wasn't quite quick enough on Saturday. :oops:

Veem

Post by Veem »

Happy birthday for yesterday Gg. So pleased you enjoyed an almost 'normal' meal in a favourite restaurant.

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

While trundling around the paddock this morning dragging a chain harrow, I was surprised to see a pair of swallows around me. In no time at all, there were four juveniles with them, presumably their second brood of the season. Quite how they communicated with the rest of their species, but the numbers steadily increased, at least four families zooming around me and quite impossible to count accurately. Amazing flying, so close in front of the tractor, very scary. There must be some serious grief among the grasshopper community in the paddock tonight - thousands missing, believed dead!

We normally see very few swallows here, a pair would nest (at head height) in the workshop, but that was before we acquired a family of feral cats, some eight years ago. I'm wondering if these birds were just passing on their migration south and saw the opportunity of a quick top-up en route? Wherever they came from, they properly made my day! :good:
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." — Mark Twain

ajm

Post by ajm »

Biggles wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 pm
While trundling around the paddock this morning dragging a chain harrow, I was surprised to see a pair of swallows around me. In no time at all, there were four juveniles with them, presumably their second brood of the season. Quite how they communicated with the rest of their species, but the numbers steadily increased, at least four families zooming around me and quite impossible to count accurately. Amazing flying, so close in front of the tractor, very scary. There must be some serious grief among the grasshopper community in the paddock tonight - thousands missing, believed dead!

We normally see very few swallows here, a pair would nest (at head height) in the workshop, but that was before we acquired a family of feral cats, some eight years ago. I'm wondering if these birds were just passing on their migration south and saw the opportunity of a quick top-up en route? Wherever they came from, they properly made my day! :good:
I have had a similar experience when using the ride-on - brilliant!
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.