What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Aardvark

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Aardvark »

I have found that most of the cartridge type materials have the same thread (nozzle to tube) and quite occasionally they are supplied with a separate screw-on cap for when you don't use the whole cartridge at one go. I keep all the unused nozzles and caps for future use. Its no wonder I have sheds full of stuff and can never find what I need without a long search. :(
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Aardvark wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 pm
I have found that most of the cartridge type materials have the same thread (nozzle to tube) and quite occasionally they are supplied with a separate screw-on cap for when you don't use the whole cartridge at one go. I keep all the unused nozzles and caps for future use. Its no wonder I have sheds full of stuff and can never find what I need without a long search. :(
The screw on caps are good but best if you also put a bit of thin polythene over the cartridge thread before screwing back the capped nozzle.
Keeps the contents good for ages even if the bit in the nozzle goes off & you have to poke it out.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

I went to our nearest town with my husband this afternoon for a mooch around while he visited the podiatrist. In the market square there were only a couple of stalls; one selling Japanese food and the other selling hand-knitted clothes, mainly hats and gloves - very useful for the icy weather due from tomorrow.

My eyes were drawn to a long knitted jacket in a lovely blue-green, which was hanging and moving in the breeze as I passed. It turned out to be knitted in double double-knit wool, very cosy, and very light, with a knitted brooch that could be used to fasten the front. Only £40. Just lovely, so I bought it. I love it.

It was the first time that the stall-holder/knitter had had a stall, and she chose a Tuesday because it was half the cost of Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays, the main market days, so it was my great good luck that I accompanied my husband today.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The bluey /greens greeny/ blues are my favourite colours

Veem

Post by Veem »

How lovely to just come across something you really liked. Was it knitted by the stall holder? That would make it all the more special to me.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Yes, she’d hand-knitted everything on the stall since mid-March, when she’d started shielding. She said that she’s thinking that she ought to start shielding again, depending on what our PM had to say today.

I thought it pretty special to see something I really liked, in colours that I love, that looked good on and at such a very reasonable price, especially as I’d gone in to town on a whim.

I’ve bought very little to wear since mid-March, just a couple of things from Seasalt as far as I remember.

I liked the look of another long jacket on her stall in a silver-grey colour - maybe I’ll drive in to Wokingham next Tuesday to see if she’s there with her stall again............ stock up for the colder months.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Went to the rheumatologist yesterday. He thought that the arthritis in the knee was the cause of the hip pain causing tendernitis and not the start of arthritis in the hip. It’s affecting my walking posture. 15 sessions at the kine ordered.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

SW31girl wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:09 am
Went to the rheumatologist yesterday. He thought that the arthritis in the knee was the cause of the hip pain causing tendernitis and not the start of arthritis in the hip. It’s affecting my walking posture. 15 sessions at the kine ordered.

I hope your physio sessions for your hip pain bring some relief.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Aardvark wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 pm
I thought it was just me😋

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

And I thought that I had cornered the market!!