What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Crystal

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Crystal »

[/quote]

I was interested to see that my local Lidl is encouraging customers to use cards not cash to cut down on handling money.
[/quote]

Well, my OCD well and truely kicked in the other day when I was doing my shopping....I actually considered buying it in several small lots, so I could pay 'sans contact' each time and avoid having to touch the buttons on the card machine! :oops: :roll: :lol:

jsks

Post by jsks »

DominicBest wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:23 pm
jsks wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:31 pm
Flaneur wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:26 pm

She's young and, therefore, immortal.
Actually she's 50 and a cancer patient. But, for some reason, doesn't respect my opinion on any medical issue. It's a problem.
That’s why you love it here, we lap up all your opinions and advice.
Hah! If only that were true. :lol:

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Our font of medical knowledge is invaluable in the current situation.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

When he shared his CV if he had included that he lived in Tours and was the world authority on transport, logistiques & French house renovation would you value his knowledge quite as much?
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

jsks

Post by jsks »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:23 am
When he shared his CV if he had included that he lived in Tours and was the world authority on transport, logistiques & French house renovation would you value his knowledge quite as much?
But he was also a jet fighter pilot and captain of the Titanic.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Well we know those things are true and you forgot the bits about classic SAABs and childcare. JSKS could have made his CV up.

jsks

Post by jsks »

DominicBest wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:35 am
Le Démerdeur wrote:
Well we know those things are true and you forgot the bits about classic SAABs and childcare. JSKS could have made his CV up.
True. Or did he? dan-de-dan-dan-dannnnn

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

jsks wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:59 pm
What bothered me today in Sainsbury was that the checkout staff were not wearing latex gloves. I mentioned it at the customer service desk and they looked taken aback.

I don't know about you but if I was handling goods and money all day I know I'd want at least some PPE.

We're still in the playing at it phase.

In fact OH and I were the only ones wearing gloves.
I agree. I wear latex gloves when shopping and I even take a plastic bag to put my card into after paying in case the card machine is infected. I then wash my card in soap and water before putting it back in my wallet. Is that OCD?

jsks

Post by jsks »

rabbit wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:23 am
jsks wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:59 pm
What bothered me today in Sainsbury was that the checkout staff were not wearing latex gloves. I mentioned it at the customer service desk and they looked taken aback.

I don't know about you but if I was handling goods and money all day I know I'd want at least some PPE.

We're still in the playing at it phase.

In fact OH and I were the only ones wearing gloves.
I agree. I wear latex gloves when shopping and I even take a plastic bag to put my card into after paying in case the card machine is infected. I then wash my card in soap and water before putting it back in my wallet. Is that OCD?
No. I must say that all I did with my card was stick it back in the wallet because I won't be using it fir several dates and the virus should due off if there's any on it.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Crystal wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 pm
I was interested to see that my local Lidl is encouraging customers to use cards not cash to cut down on handling money.
Well, my OCD well and truely kicked in the other day when I was doing my shopping....I actually considered buying it in several small lots, so I could pay 'sans contact' each time and avoid having to touch the buttons on the card machine! :oops: :roll: :lol:
I've discovered that if you pay using sans contact two times in a row, or perhaps three, the next time the sans contact will be refused, in case the card's been stolen, and you have to use the machine and enter the code; seems reasonable to me.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen