What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
DominicBest

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by DominicBest »

jsks wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:29 pm
On another forum someone is already getting grumpy about this new forum. Considering the person moaning I'd take that as a compliment.

If this forum mirrors the activity we are used to from FE days then I think it's gonna be a winner.
What does the W stand for their name? He’s obviously been watching what’s going on here more than me if what he says is true.

jsks

Post by jsks »

DominicBest wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 pm
jsks wrote:
On another forum someone is already getting grumpy about this new forum. Considering the person moaning I'd take that as a compliment.

If this forum mirrors the activity we are used to from FE days then I think it's gonna be a winner.
What does the W stand for their name? He’s obviously been watching what’s going on here more than me if what he says is true.
When FE had all its problems when it introduced the new upgraded experience a few years ago, several FE members joined the forum of which we speak. A couple of that forum's members were really quite territorial and took it upon themselves to try to admonish anyone who had the temerity to fail to kowtow to those who felt themselves proprietorial. It would seem that the curmudgeonly, dog-in-the-manger attitude persist in the minds of some.

Very occasionally on that forum you will get a decent discussion but mostly it's moribund. I think we can see why.

jsks

Post by jsks »

Anyway, this new forum has still made my day so Mr W can go elsewhere.

Mike

Post by Mike »

One of my pals phoned me today because he was caught in a snow drift in his 2018 F Pace Jaguar, I towed him out in my J Reg two door Range Rover, that really pleased me.

Mike

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

DominicBest wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 pm
jsks wrote:

No IP address is posted anywhere on this forum and never will be. It is against forum rules to have two accounts on this forum, alittlebitfrench is alittlebitfrench and not anyone else using his unique name so no one should accuse anyone else of being him. The forum rules explain that foul language will not be tolerated. Again in the rules it explains posts will be deleted if they are disruptive to the forum.

jsks

Post by jsks »

Noisette wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:44 pm
Just read the members list.....that pleased me no end :D It looks as though TNFF will become the friendly, witty, informative place that FE/TF used to be 8-)
Prompted me to do the same. That's a fair chunk of the active FE-ers on board already. There are some glaring exceptions - eg GY, The loopy one etc - and one tantalising addition (could it really be THE Ally?).

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Watching a video of my uncle singing a love song to his wife on their 60th wedding anniversary. He still has a fantastic voice. Really glad they had a great party, despite half the people (me included) not able to get there.

Ally

Post by Ally »

jsks wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am
Noisette wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:44 pm
Just read the members list.....that pleased me no end :D It looks as though TNFF will become the friendly, witty, informative place that FE/TF used to be 8-)
Prompted me to do the same. That's a fair chunk of the active FE-ers on board already. There are some glaring exceptions - eg GY, The loopy one etc - and one tantalising addition (could it really be THE Ally?).
:D

Ally

Post by Ally »

Noisette wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm
Ally wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 am
jsks wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am

Ally, Ally, Ally....it's you! You little divil, you've been lurking all this while haven't you? Welcome back :D

jsks, shhhhh! Don't even mention the county up North and we might just be spared :roll:
Just checked my atlas to see which country lies to the north. Ooft. ;) I'm with you. Hand on heart, no been lurking. Just popped into FE out the blue earlier this week to get the real deal on Brexit :roll: and saw it was closing and then Mysty's friendly forum post caught my eye. When I say it was closing I mean FE, not Brexit nor the country that lies to the north. Oh haud oan ...

jsks

Post by jsks »

Ally wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 pm
Noisette wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm
Ally wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 am

Ally, Ally, Ally....it's you! You little divil, you've been lurking all this while haven't you? Welcome back :D

jsks, shhhhh! Don't even mention the county up North and we might just be spared :roll:
Just checked my atlas to see which country lies to the north. Ooft. ;) I'm with you. Hand on heart, no been lurking. Just popped into FE out the blue earlier this week to get the real deal on Brexit :roll: and saw it was closing and then Mysty's friendly forum post caught my eye. When I say it was closing I mean FE, not Brexit nor the country that lies to the north. Oh haud oan ...
My atlas says Scotland lies to the North. Bloody hell - it's even further North than Huddersfield. You poor wee souls.