What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
vic evans

What has pleased you today

Post by vic evans »

Last Monday afternoon the gas boiler serving my tenanted English office building packed up & I was advised by PJ my friendly heating engineer that at 16 years old it was beyond economic repair.
The Beast from the East was due & the tenant with about 10 staff was about to renew the lease so it was important things happened quickly,
I received a budget price on Tuesday & gave the go ahead to change out the boiler that morning.
This morning I emailed the engineer to ask how things were going to be told he finished fitting it last evening & all was working fine again.
Less than 2 days from instruction to completion is pretty good in my book. The tenant is delighted & is more than happy to renew the lease & I can sleep happy knowing the place isn't going to freeze up.

title edited with thanks to yello
Last edited by vic evans on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yello

Re: What has pleaed you today

Post by yello »

I suppose what's pleased me most is this new forum!

Looking outside at the blustery snow, it's pretty hard to feel pleased about much else ;)

I'll have a look at the forum on my tablet shortly because the spell checker didn't work (for me) on the France Entree forum.

Edit: yep, spell checker works correctly on my tablet too. Happy bunny :D

Edit edit: I've just noticed the thread title... someone's spell checker isn't working! ;)
Last edited by yello on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Great idea for a thread vic :lol: where are you yello France or the UK. I have accessed the forum from a smartphone and tablet which worked but did not try the spell checker.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

yello

Post by yello »

I'm in the UK at the moment. Weather aside, I'm quite enjoying it :| I quite like have a number of decent pubs in walking distance...

Edit: do you have a feedback thread? Or should we pm you mysty1? I note the edit function stays active for quite a while (not something I have a problem with personally, since I like to retrospectively correct typos and grammar etc) but I know some forums like to have only a short window for editing posts.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Thanks yello, there is a suggestions and support section above.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

yello

Post by yello »

Pleased me even more.... a whippet quick forum AND a 'New Posts' link in 'Quick Links' :D :D

I could get used to this!

bubbles1

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by bubbles1 »

It didnt snow yesterday it didnt rain today Cat Cuddling went well and a lovely new forum is up and running - long may it last and again thanks to peeps behind getting it up and running - you are appreciated - honest !
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Mike

Post by Mike »

Unfreezing the valley gutter to stop it overflowing into the bathroom, I thought for a moment I had gone through the lead gutter, but it was a layer of ice above the water underneath, in all about 150mm of ice and water, no wonder it overflowed.

Mike

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

The fact that I can make this post without falling asleep waiting for the software to go through some lengthy procedure . 8-)

jsks

Post by jsks »

On another forum someone is already getting grumpy about this new forum. Considering the person moaning I'd take that as a compliment.

If this forum mirrors the activity we are used to from FE days then I think it's gonna be a winner.