Consumer rights

Le Démerdeur

Re: Consumer rights

Post by Le Démerdeur »

AKA, how are we supposed to put this DVD that doesnt play back on sale if it has been opened? :lol:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

curtis wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 am
Well, as I type I guess Mike is installed in front of Darty. Hope he hasn't been arrested.
Maybe his next post should be headed "Breaking News" ;)

Fingers crossed for him. :)

Tom

Post by Tom »

Lidl sold us a battery hedge trimmer with a 3 year guarantee (LoL). The battery charger failed within the first few months. Lidl do not replace after a month so it was contact the manufacturer. They said they would not replace because it had been used and it was obviously not
:lol: To say that Lidl sold you something implies that they talked you into it. In reality you must buy from them with your eyes wide open, knowing that any guarantee is virtually useless. However, there are some excellent bargains to be had there and most Parkside tools that I've bought from them have well exceeded expectations.
“He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle

jsks

Post by jsks »

I bought one of those free-standing ''solar'' showers that go in the garden and mounted it nicely on a concrete base. It was very effective and the water got really warm in the body of the shower - ideal for guests to use before or after using the pool. Well, of course, the thing developed an internal leak the day before the first guests were due to arrive for the season.

I took it back to Casto and asked for a replacement. Oh, no, not that easy - got to send it off for repair. So I explained that I needed it today and to go fetch the manager. After probably half an hour's discussion - well, me discussing, him listening - we set off home with a new unit, which survived 4 years of guest abuse and might still be working fine for all I know. It seems to be all about being a shouty Brit/Irishman and standing your ground. Or maybe we were just lucky.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I've only ever once seen a French person shouting the odds trying to get a problem resolved. Either the rest of the locals just suck it up or they are lucky to not experience the normal French customer service.

Doug

Post by Doug »

Tom wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 pm
Lidl sold us a battery hedge trimmer with a 3 year guarantee (LoL). The battery charger failed within the first few months. Lidl do not replace after a month so it was contact the manufacturer. They said they would not replace because it had been used and it was obviously not
:lol: To say that Lidl sold you something implies that they talked you into it. In reality you must buy from them with your eyes wide open, knowing that any guarantee is virtually useless. However, there are some excellent bargains to be had there and most Parkside tools that I've bought from them have well exceeded expectations.
Me to, never had a problem with our local Ldl, having purchased a number of parkside tools.
Just one thing I purchased an ameter and it didn't work so took it back to find another customer doing the same, when asked if I wanted to pick up another one i said no i'll have my money back, got it immediately.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Yeah, I have several Parkside tools and they have been good. As long as you take stuff back to Lidl within a month you should get an exchange or refund, after that it's deal with the manufacturer.

When I took the hedge trimmer back all in original box they brought a new one out of the store room for me. That was fine until they looked at the receipt and seen it was more than a month since I purchased it (and they did sell it to me Tom [pedantic] otherwise I would surely not have been able to buy it?). Then I was shown the sign high up on the wall above the till (nicely out of direct vision) which says items can only be returned to the shop under guarantee within a month of purchase. I wonder if that is the same in the UK, I very much doubt it.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

I bought a couple of solar lights from a local Aldi. When one packed up after 24 hours I went back with the receipt and said I want a new one as it was faulty but the other one was fine. No problem, just waived the new one through, although I suspect my faulty one probably went back on the shelves.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

curtis

Post by curtis »

No sign of Mike. Did anyone see the local news in his area?
Perhaps he was tasered.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I did want to warn him that I have been there, got the T shirt and the lumps on the head :(

Have you ever wondered why the shops employ those big guys in trousers and shirts one size too small wearing dark glasses as security staff yet they never seem to do anything but look intimidating? Mike could well be finding out :lol:

I was bounced off the pavement outside Super-U by a pair of them in my first week for trying to enter the shop at 12.20 when i pointed out the sign saying closure at 12.30 they said they were open for boulangerie customers only, thats me I said and went to go in whereupon the world turned upside down :lol:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”