Consumer rights

Fitter

Re: Consumer rights

Post by Fitter » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:29 am

Mike wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 pm
Trouble is the Dishwasher was working for two months before it broke down, Darty just don't seem to be very efficient in getting spare parts, three weeks and two dinner parties down and the house Elf is getting a bit frustrated, may have to give her some clothes so she can be free.

Mike
Stating the obvious perhaps, but would you be better off calling the manufacturers service agent to sort the problem out?
Unless of course the agent is Darty............... :o
Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

– Michael Crichton

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am

July and August :roll:

What do you expect?

Spotty

Post by Spotty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Had to contact a major pool equipment supplier today as an auto cover motor has died in the closed position, they're all on their hols :lol:

katek
Has thanked: 0

Post by katek » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:32 pm

We have had great after sales service with LeClerc (Montmorillon). New dishwasher was faulty, bac not opening, cycle not completing and awful screeching noise from it. Engineer arrived in a couple of days, he couldn't understand what the problem was but suggested we run it a couple more times. We thought it was going to explode, rang the shop and complained, and a replacement arrived next day - same model and make (Brandt). The second one had the same problems so went to shop armed with video/sound of the machine. Straight away was invited to choose whichever dishwasher I wanted from those in stock. Following day the faulty replacement was collected and new Whirlpool delivered, been great during 2 years we've had it.

pomme homme

Post by pomme homme » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Sadly, katek, your experience seems to be the exception to the rule. I wish that this wasn't the case.

Mike
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:22 am

I am still waiting for Darty to repair our dishwasher, or even tell us when it will be, and they are supposed to be one of the better outlets. :roll: Time for some action on my part I think, I will contact them on Monday and if I don't get anywhere its off to the outlet with the machine in the back of the car and sit outside the shop with a sign saying how bad they are and leaflets to hand out to the customers going through the door.

Mike

curtis

Post by curtis » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:12 am

Perhaps you will post a transcript of your leaflet on here before you go? I can't help feeling that this action will only inconvenience and upset you.
Have you sat down with the store manager and discussed things? Or has contact been by phone and mails?
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Mike
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:22 am

Curtis

What makes you think that I am not already inconvenienced and upset, I'm having to do the washing up, :roll: a visit to the store and a discussion with the store manager brought forth lots of empty promises and platitudes, remaining contact by e-mail, perhaps a demand for a replacement new machine, Hmmm

Mike

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Mike wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:22 am
I am still waiting for Darty to repair our dishwasher, or even tell us when it will be, and they are supposed to be one of the better outlets. :roll: Time for some action on my part I think, I will contact them on Monday and if I don't get anywhere its off to the outlet with the machine in the back of the car and sit outside the shop with a sign saying how bad they are and leaflets to hand out to the customers going through the door.

Mike
I fell your pain, and would happily do the same.
You might also try slagging them off on "social media". In a country that tends to ignore email messages they seem to be very aware of the power of "social media".
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

Nifty

Post by Nifty » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:12 pm

I should go to the shop concerned before lunch and refuse to leave until the matter was resolved.
These users thanked the author Nifty for the post:
Loiseau (Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:36 pm)