Would you clone your pet?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
After the Storm

Would you clone your pet?

Post by After the Storm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Just read that Barbra Streisand has cloned her dog twice, would you want to clone your lovable pet? Would it be the cost of $50,000 that would put you off or just the idea of cloning anything?
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.

bubbles1

Re: Would you clone your pet?

Post by bubbles1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 pm

No way -I would walkon hot coal forhim - but would I want Bobby all over again - NOOOO
I think the whole idea of this is abhorent
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

jsks

Post by jsks » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Not sure about the dogs but, please God, don't clone Barbra Streisand.

Elstow
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Elstow » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:04 am

My second dog was the 3 x great nephew of my first dog. My current 2 dogs are the 3 x great nephew and niece of the last one. It's not quite cloning, and they are all different, but have similar characteristics. It's also a lot cheaper. I can't help thinking that at $50,000 a pop she could have done an awful lot of good in the world with that money, but I suppose its her's to do what she wants with. Better than buying AR15's I suppose.

Joeblck

Post by Joeblck » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:44 am

Yes I would if I could.I love my three dogs two are getting on and I'm dreading their parting.
London Irish.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm

jsks wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:15 pm
Not sure about the dogs but, please God, don't clone Barbra Streisand.
For some that comment would be sacrilegious!... :) I had been going to change your quote in my post to mysty1 but controlled myself.

With regard to the topic, on reflection I don’t think I would choose to clone ours as much as I love him and I understand completely what you are saying joebick. I certainly wasn’t prepared for the pain when my first barboncino died, he was the first dog that was my dog and he was exceptional. But the others since him have been unique and probably helped me more getting over him being gone by the fact they were not him in any way.
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.