A bell

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Fitter

Re: A bell

Post by Fitter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:09 am

We can't see our gate from the house windows so we have a remote doorbell. A little bell push screwed to the gate post which connects wirelessly with a little box in the kitchen that plays a merry tune. It cost about €10 from either Lidl or Aldi - I forget which. Works ok and delivery people mostly seem to be able to use it without special training. :roll:
Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

– Michael Crichton

"If you are going to believe, know why you believe and back it up with something...".

menomad23
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by menomad23 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

Wow, thanks for all the responses, Mysty would have a doobell but for some reason my dogs are terrified of them and smoke alarms, which is why we thought of a bell.
Hexenbeest, thats what I am looking, thanks.
Vic, great idea, but my other half would turn it into a big project and god knows what I would find hanging from my gate.
Did look in the garden centre but couldn,t see them, shame.
Anyhoo thanks everyone for your help, till next time

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:33 am

I use a cowbell. It’s probably about 50 years old, not a traditional one, but gives a clear ring and was as cheap as chips at a brocante.

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:12 pm

https://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/1394 ... tm?ca=12_s

A cursory glance at Leboncoin revealed the above... probably plenty more there.
And that was good advice, good advice.
Good advice costs nothing, and it's worth the price. Allan Sherman

yello

Post by yello » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Fitter wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:09 am
We can't see our gate from the house windows so we have a remote doorbell. A little bell push screwed to the gate post which connects wirelessly with a little box in the kitchen that plays a merry tune. It cost about €10 from either Lidl or Aldi - I forget which. Works ok and delivery people mostly seem to be able to use it without special training. :roll:
We have something like that. Unfortunately, the battery goes quite quickly and unless we remember to check it frequently then it becomes a bit of a useless ornament. We've probably won the pools several times.

Ally

Post by Ally » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Don't do it. My life was peaceful here until I hung a bell by the gate. Now it's just one ding after another.
Gone, but not forgotten.

alittlebitfrench

Post by alittlebitfrench » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Nobody wants to know about your sex life Ally.

mysty

Post by mysty » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:25 pm

menomad23 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am
Wow, thanks for all the responses, Mysty would have a doobell but for some reason my dogs are terrified of them and smoke alarms, which is why we thought of a bell.
Hexenbeest, thats what I am looking, thanks.
Vic, great idea, but my other half would turn it into a big project and god knows what I would find hanging from my gate.
Did look in the garden centre but couldn,t see them, shame.
Anyhoo thanks everyone for your help, till next time

Who is Mysty? :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Jaques

Post by Jaques » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:20 pm

menomad23 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 am
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find a bell that I can put outside my gate for people to ring when they visit, as I have two dogs in the garden and a couple of times by sheer luck I have seen delivery people stood there. Have looked in the Bricostores but no luck. Many thanks.
I have sent you a pm

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:25 pm

yello wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:22 pm
Fitter wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:09 am
We have something like that. Unfortunately, the battery goes quite quickly and unless we remember to check it frequently then it becomes a bit of a useless ornament. We've probably won the pools several times.
We put one of those up 10 years ago and have never changed the battery.