What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by bubbles1 »

I am pleased by nearly everything I do (except housework) cause I love my life :good: :good: does that count ???
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

You and me both, Bubbles. I much prefer gardening, in fact almost everything to housework.

The wasp man came this afternoon - apparently they were hornets - nasty things.

I had to go for a mammogram and a scan after lunch, both clear, thank goodness - cancer check up coming soon, such a relief to know results before then.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:30 pm
You and me both, Bubbles. I much prefer gardening, in fact almost everything to housework.

The wasp man came this afternoon - apparently they were hornets - nasty things.

I had to go for a mammogram and a scan after lunch, both clear, thank goodness - cancer check up coming soon, such a relief to know results before then.
Brilliant XXXXXXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Thanks Bubbles, such good news.

This weekend we’re joining in our son and his partner’s ‘Not a stag do’; the bbq at our other son’s home lasted from 12h till 21h when we left, when the children were just off to bed. Tomorrow there’s a walk in the country park and lunch.

A lovely way to get to know/meet again members of each family and old friends of our son from when he lived around here. The wedding will be in Sussex in September, so all those from here will already know a few people, a really good idea.

Our granddaughters and the other little flower girl also met for the first time and it was soon just as though they were old friends. Brilliant.

Plus, no cooking for me to do this hot weekend, just made my contribution of lots of veggie brochettes this morning.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Nothing worth mentioning did some plastering all the little bits that I had left that were awkward brought the work van home as we are going to take some bushes from our current home and take them to the new one.
Got bitten on the hand by a moski that was probably the most interesting thing that happened :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

jsks

Post by jsks »

Just got back to the 21st century after spending a week with no WiFi and patchy phone signal. Worth it though for the cool of The Dales.

Overnight with mummy and daddy then back to the homestead tomorrow.

Still asking why we spend so much time in lincs when we should move back up here. Then winter comes and the answer is obvious!

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

mysty wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:46 pm
Nothing worth mentioning did some plastering all the little bits that I had left that were awkward brought the work van home as we are going to take some bushes from our current home and take them to the new one.
Got bitten on the hand by a moski that was probably the most interesting thing that happened :lol:

Watch out for the curse of Tutankhamun :o

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

jsks wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:54 pm
Just got back to the 21st century after spending a week with no WiFi and patchy phone signal. Worth it though for the cool of The Dales.

Still asking why we spend so much time in lincs when we should move back up here. Then winter comes and the answer is obvious!
I’ve been to Mablethorpe in January. Very bracing!
Don’t walk away in silence.

jsks

Post by jsks »

Andy72 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:13 am
jsks wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:54 pm

I’ve been to Mablethorpe in January.
Bloody hell! Voluntarily?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I had an Aunt and Unclewho managed a huge farm in Spalding - not far fromthe Geest place - fond memories - the tulip parades etc in the summer :D :D - we never went that far North in Winter