What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Gardengirl

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Gardengirl »

Commiserations, Noisette. A friend’s hens were killed by foxes recently, an awful thing to have occurred to both sets of hens, and rotten to clear up afterwards.

I’ve spent a lot of the day sitting in the coolest place, under the ash and sycamores in the wood beyond our garden. I emerged to put compost on 2 big areas while they were still in shade.

Then to cook potatoes in our summer kitchen to go with the poached salmon and green and potato salads and rosé. Chocolate icecream for dessert, followed by 2 cups of coffee. This weather is making me very lethargic, otherwise known as lazy!

I don’t ever remember temperatures like these in England and continuing as they are doing. 30.4C outdoors according to our weather station in deep shade, 26.2C indoors, with windows, doors and curtains closed.

mysty

Post by mysty »

After the Storm wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:37 pm
Change of plans here, so starting work creating a new flower bed which requires a wooden retaining wall/border first which is going to made from all of the off cuts held back from other work. If it looks good then I'll take a photo.
It looks good where is the picture :lol: back in 10 mins
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

If you want to see what you can do with this with some scrap off cuts of wood in under a day, check out specksavers what are you doing in the garden :lol:

Give me a few minutes :P
1.jpg
1.jpg (138.37 KiB) Viewed 276 times

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Noisette wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 pm
Gardengirl wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:18 pm
Commiserations, Noisette. A friend’s hens were killed by foxes recently, an awful thing to have occurred to both sets of hens, and rotten to clear up afterwards.
Thanks, GG. There are just three shell-shocked and bemused survivors. Tomorrow's mission is to find out who the dogs belong to! And then to research the requirements for ownership of an efficient, multi-shot gun :evil: Foxes I could forgive........
Good luck with that - somebody will know but will they tell, there’s great solidarity amongst hunters! I don’t think my friend has thought about guns..............

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Noisette wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 pm
Gardengirl wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:18 pm
Thanks, GG. There are just three shell-shocked and bemused survivors. Tomorrow's mission is to find out who the dogs belong to! And then to research the requirements for ownership of an efficient, multi-shot gun :evil: Foxes I could forgive........
A tad confused - if you dont know who they belong to - how do you know they were hunting dogs? Was it dogs who did this - did anyone see them do it ?
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

suein56

Post by suein56 »

After the Storm wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:59 am
I had an aunt that was over 90 years old discharged from a hospital in Edunburgh at 4.30am. She had been taken in by ambulance the previous evening and was only in a nightdress and dressing gown so no proper clothes. As she was classed as no longer an emergency, she was told that she could either arrange for a taxi to pick her up .. I always hoped that it would be different here with more compassion, understanding and common sense.
Not necessarily; here if a bed is needed at midnight then whomsoever on the ward is in the best shape gets the heave-ho .. like my elderly friend Madeleine who was approaching her 90th birthday and in trouble with her back .. but as she was the fittest at that point in time she was booted out. Her even older OH was rung to go and collect her .. which for him was an impossibility at that hour of the night. Fortunately a not-too far away nephew came to the rescue and M was delivered safely home around 2am.
Though it is my view that this episode did neither of them any good in the long term. Not that the Hospital give a damn .. pushed to the limit as they are as are many in the UK.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Sciving, van's off to see nurse :good:

mysty

Post by mysty »

It's another lovely day in the sunny limousin we are finishing off a flower bed today.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Still skiving but van's not getting fixed.
Turned up, bloke who arranged RDV says "what you want?"

I says "I've got an RDV to get my van fixed"

He says "computer says no"

I says "here's the card you wrote on, time & date of RDV"

He says "I haven't ordered the parts"

I says "best you get an effing move on then"

He says "yes I will"

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Spotty wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:34 am
Still skiving but van's not getting fixed.
Turned up, bloke who arranged RDV says "what you want?"

I says "I've got an RDV to get my van fixed"

He says "computer says no"

I says "here's the card you wrote on, time & date of RDV"

He says "I haven't ordered the parts"

I says "best you get an effing move on then"

He says "yes I will"
I got a reminder for the CT of my Pug. On that reminder was a place to enter any other vehicles in the household that require a reminder so I dutifully filled out the details for Mrs Vs C4 which would be due it's first CT in a few months.
I took in the form when I went for Pugs CT & man at desk entered details on his computer.
Seven months later Mrs V went to the CT station to see what date they would suggest for her car & man at desk said nothing was recorded on his computer. She explained I'd given them all the details & made a RDV for a couple of weeks time.
One week later a reminder arrived :roll: