What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Kathyc

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Kathyc »

Joinfrance wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:33 am
Greetings.
Yesterday about 11am I had a funny turn, went all fuzzy round the edges, couldn’t focus, couldn’t string words together. Called 15, they were brilliant, did lots of tests in the house but decided I had to go to hospital anyway. Once there lay on a trolley for 4 hours before seeing a ‘doctor’. Kept reminding them that I am diabetic and asking for something to eat - they had taken my bag and my clothes away, and put a stent in! So I was effectively immobile. Nothing! Doctor came, asked a few of the same questions again, went away, came back a bit later with a letter for my go and said you can go now... Nurse came and removed the stent, I got dressed, she showed me the way out and there I was,outside, about 17.30h with no means of transport and not in a great state. Sitting on the wall outside the hospital wondering what to do next and a friend went past! Was home in 20 mins!
Quiet day today then...
Glad to hear you're feeling better - take it easy. :)

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Off out forlunch in a nice restaurant by the river -I have booked a table on the terraceso hopefully no more flaming rain :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Joinfrance, I had an aunt that was over 90 years old discharged from a hospital in Edunburgh at 4.30am. She had been taken in by ambulance the previous evening and was only in a nightdress and dressing gown so no proper clothes. As she was classed as no longer an emergency, she was told that she could either arrange for a taxi to pick her up or hang around until an ambulance was free but they could not say if or when that would be. Oh and it was raining. My cousin who was luckily there by then (she didn't live in the same city ) managed to get her home but she died a few weeks later. I am not saying the two are connected but what happened that day left a very old woman exhausted, confused and wet on a very cold day. I always hoped that it would be different here with more compassion, understanding and common sense.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

It can and should be ATS but depends entirely on the docteur that discharges you, I was taken to hospital with sepsis by VSL with a bon de transport from the surgery, they could not do one for the return journey and said dont worry the hospital would, the docteur who I did not see the entire time until discharge (only internes) had a god complex and was playing to his audience of internes, refused point blank to sign a bon de transport, OK that was correct my état de santé did not warrant it but it was minus 10° there was snow and ice outside, I was wearing just a T shirt (was admitted with a temp of 106°) and had no money or cards with me and nobody to turn to for help, he didnt give a four X, in fact he really enjoyed it.

I walked 4 km to the station at Amiens in snow and ice wearing open sandals, had to chance my arm on travelling without a ticket and thankfully the conducteur was more sympathetic, he could see how ill I was, and then another 2.7km from the local station to home.

Had I been elderly it would have finished me off, then cerise sur le gateau, the antibiotics he prescribed me which cost €170 a week could not be dispensed by the pharmacy, I had to return to the hospital for them, luckily the pharmacist again seeing my distressed state arranged for me to get them from the local terminal care hospital.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Reading some posts on the forum :lol: showed a house to Americans who are moving to the limousin.
This afternoon it's finish off an outside banister.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

After the Storm

Chancer, that is appalling. If there is ever a next time phone one of us, it might take a few hours to get there but we do hospital runs for friends :P I remember Ally almost got a visit from us once cos Mysty thought he might be there all by himself in hospital :lol: :lol: didn’t know that did you Ally :D

Ally

Post by Ally »

No. And now I'm crying. That was during the last world cup. What a surreal experience. Under the influence of morphine, falling asleep during one match and awakening halfway through the next when the score was lower.
That was a nice thought. Thank you.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

I’m appalled at Chancer’s story. I’ve had sme poor experiences in French hospitals, especally in Urgences, but that takes the biscuit!

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

The rest of the stay was exemplary, they saved my life despite the docteur never even seeing me until I was discharged, the assistant sociale was disgusted and would have helped but all that stuff takes time and she had procedures to go through, after a while I got bored I was getting more angry and did not want to take out my frustration on anyone else who were excellent so I just walked.

They came chasing down the corridoor after me with the discharge papers, the ordonnance and the out patients appointment (with that docteur) which I politely refused.

After the Storm

Change of plans here, so starting work creating a new flower bed which requires a wooden retaining wall/border first which is going to made from all of the off cuts held back from other work. If it looks good then I'll take a photo.