What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by bubbles1 »

Sitting on the patio with a cuppa before heading off to work at our summer fair fund raiser - this time for the Donkey Sanctury - hope to sell loads of books, bric a brac, clothes,plants etc and of course English sausage hot dogs and bacon sarnies :good: :good: :good: :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

Kathyc wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:31 pm
mysty wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 pm
Day in the car today showing houses 36 degrees at one point, too hot for mcdonalds
Mcdonalds? The place with efficient air con?
Too hot to eat nuggets 8-)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

I Am Groot

Post by I Am Groot »

After the Storm wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:13 pm
We've been working, as usual :P but I can't complain when the day started as beautiful as this looking out of the bedroom window.
P1030572.JPG
P1030573.JPG
Fifty shades of grey :D

What is it with grey in France ? Portails, windows, roofs. Everything comes in one colour these days in France. Grey !!!!

Our portail is green.When we choose the colour the salesmen asked if we would rather not have grey one. He said 90 +% of his customers choose grey :D

Why grey ?

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

Well no watering needed today. Watered the pots and garden last night on a 10% chance of rain. I guess 90% didn’t get the thunderstorm we got at 0400 then!
Don’t walk away in silence.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

I Am Groot wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:07 am
After the Storm wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:13 pm
We've been working, as usual :P but I can't complain when the day started as beautiful as this looking out of the bedroom window.
P1030572.JPG
P1030573.JPG
Fifty shades of grey :D

What is it with grey in France ? Portails, windows, roofs. Everything comes in one colour these days in France. Grey !!!!

Our portail is green.When we choose the colour the salesmen asked if we would rather not have grey one. He said 90 +% of his customers choose grey :D

Why grey ?
Why grey? As they are actually black, I can't answer that. I wasn't sure about them at first but now they are up in place with the cream stone pillars, they look great and I'm very pleased with them.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Since I found another handful of slate hooks at the boot fair this morning I'll be up on the roof again improving my tan. Oh, and trying to pop a hole in my mega thin secondhand slates is never going to end in anything but tears.
Thanks for the offer Vic, but fuel cost against buying new doesn't add up. You get points for being helpful anyway. :good:
Britain: formerly known as a bastion of democracy and fair play that has fallen prey to a handful of financiers, media manipulators, and brain dead racists.

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Aardvark wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:23 am
Since I found another handful of slate hooks at the boot fair this morning I'll be up on the roof again improving my tan. Oh, and trying to pop a hole in my mega thin secondhand slates is never going to end in anything but tears.
Thanks for the offer Vic, but fuel cost against buying new doesn't add up. You get points for being helpful anyway. :good:
OK. If your stuck I'll deliver them to yours. A ride out would be nice.

mysty

Post by mysty »

vic evans wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:31 am
Aardvark wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:23 am
OK. If your stuck I'll deliver them to yours. A ride out would be nice.
That is very kind of you. Do you have a couple of pallets of ready mix concrete. If so I can send through the post code. Would even make you a coffee.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

I'm not doing much, washing, ironing etc.
But husband is out at the back replacing a fence. Helped by a (paid) worker, and next door neighbour.
Geordies - glad we're back among them.

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc »

Lying on the bed reading, dogs either side of it, with the air con on. The gentle sound of the cleaner weaving her magic drifts up the stairs. Wimbledon starts tomorrow. Life's not all bad at present. :D