What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

Day in the car today showing houses 36 degrees at one point, too hot for mcdonalds
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

mysty wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:32 pm
I sold all my tools about 20 years ago and said that's it 8-)
I sold most of mine about the same time, when I moved on to my boat, then had to buy more again when I settled in France to renovate my first hovel. :(
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Today I've been up on the roof hoping to finish the slating. Just three rows to go and ran out of clips. Bugger. Hoping to find enough to finish at a vide grenier tomorrow. Rain's on its way, allegedly.

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc »

mysty wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 pm
Day in the car today showing houses 36 degrees at one point, too hot for mcdonalds
Mcdonalds? The place with efficient air con?

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Taking it in turns walking the horses out alone to get 'em used to being on their own when one or the other is taken out for a ride.
The new one Pica ,who's super cool, didn't seem to care much when Iko went walkies & soon got used to the game, but vice versa & Iko went tits for the first few times trotting round the field & calling for his new mate.
Anyway, after about 6 trips up the road with Pica it was too hot to play silly buggers & all parties decided enough was enough.
A job well done as Iko now seems to realise he's not going to be seperated for too long & should be OK.
Just wish it could have been done on a cooler day.

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Aardvark wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:31 pm
Today I've been up on the roof hoping to finish the slating. Just three rows to go and ran out of clips. Bugger. Hoping to find enough to finish at a vide grenier tomorrow. Rain's on its way, allegedly.
If it's SS crochets you after & your stuck I've got a load of 'em here you can have. Can probably meet you half way tomorrow if it's desperate.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I'm at Plougonver in 22. I'm using SS ones that hook over, not nail in, they are short @ 90mm long. Longer ones will do because I can bend them shorter. I can always drill the slates and screw or nail them in without clips but I'll lose a lot of slates trying to drill them. They are second hand and very thin. Watch this space.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Aardvark wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 pm
I'm at Plougonver in 22. I'm using SS ones that hook over, not nail in, they are short @ 90mm long. Longer ones will do because I can bend them shorter. I can always drill the slates and screw or nail them in without clips but I'll lose a lot of slates trying to drill them. They are second hand and very thin. Watch this space.
I'm by no means am expert on slates but using a slate hammer to punch a hole is dead easy - like this.

I have to say that I wear a glove on my left hand and if it's a thick slate a rag there as well.
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Aardvark wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 pm

The ones I've got are a mix of 90 & 110 mm bottom of slate to point that drives into roof volige. Probably a couple of hundred but don't know how many of each. For the avoidance of doubt they are SS wire nail in jobbies like https://www.apok.be/fr-be/construct/sys ... us-ardoise so may not suit you.
I'm about 1 1/4 hours from you.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Back on topic...
Well, I had intended to be up early, do some ironing and make some bread, but...
It's too hot already, so maybe sitting on the cool reading and sewing, Or a quick trip to the vide grenier in Tulle.
Choir practice tonight in an old church, so at least it will be cool...