What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
vic evans

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by vic evans »

bubbles1 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:49 pm
Yes but it will last for years now - wont it?
The paint was so thick a mixing stick I left in the paint stayed upright whilst I got out the dust sheets & ladders etc. It was described as mono couche & for once it actually was. It covered well although it was hard work to roll on.
Tollens guarantee it for 12 years as long as you comply with their long list of instructions so I guess the answer is 'maybe' as I must have failed to apply it as they say.
Thing is, my missus changes her mind about the colour every few years so longevity is not that important. :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

We are meant to be working but other than walking the dog nothing else has happened.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Right now sitting down on a comfy sofa but about to plumb in a bathroom which should take about two hours to complete in plastic flexi pipes.
No soldering or copper in this house.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Is it your first time?

You will never look back!

Are you using raccords à cintrer? If not give them a try next time, the seeting tool is cheaper now in France but cheaper still on Ebay UK, several of the pro suppliers do good deals on bulk purchases on their websites.

One of my very few regrets is not understanding all the benefits and moving to this system earlier but in the early days there is so much to cope with.

Next move should be to steel stud framing for walls, ceilings and partitions, the weight and volume of materials that you will transport will be drastically reduced as will the cost, I can recommend a couple of must have pro tools that are not only good value but again you will never want to go back to working without them.

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc »

Watching the tennis and tidying up for the cleaner.

mysty

Post by mysty »

I will not ask why you are cleaning up before the cleaner comes :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

Chancer wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 pm
Is it your first time?

You will never look back!

Are you using raccords à cintrer? If not give them a try next time, the seeting tool is cheaper now in France but cheaper still on Ebay UK, several of the pro suppliers do good deals on bulk purchases on their websites.

One of my very few regrets is not understanding all the benefits and moving to this system earlier but in the early days there is so much to cope with.

Next move should be to steel stud framing for walls, ceilings and partitions, the weight and volume of materials that you will transport will be drastically reduced as will the cost, I can recommend a couple of must have pro tools that are not only good value but again you will never want to go back to working without them.
No idea what your talking about 8-) unless you mean PER. It's the plastic flexi pipe all run from a pipe with several exits with stop valves. Used it before it's quick easy and does not get damaged by frost

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc »

mysty wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:37 pm
I will not ask why you are cleaning up before the cleaner comes :lol:
Tidying, not cleaning. :)

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Mysty.

I was asking what type of connectors (raccords) are you using on the PER, you probably with have started with compression ones, if you move on to a better cheaper pro system I recommend the crimp type (raccords à cintrer) with the crimping tool like a bolt cutter, between the two is the push on fittings with a retention collar (raccords à glisser).

Most secure, cheapest in volume, biggest range of fittings and needing the least space to set are the raccords à cintrer

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Had a lovely lunch on the patio with someof our friends. Now waiting for a couple of other friends to swing by later and collect some girolles which hubbie picked this morning. Another huge carrier bag full.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it