What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by bubbles1 »

Collecting the ashes of our beloved dog.Dont supposed we will feel like doing much after that. :cry: :cry:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

I feel for you Bubbles, remember the good times you had with your dog. No one can ever take that away from you.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

SW31girl wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:24 pm
I feel for you Bubbles, remember the good times you had with your dog. No one can ever take that away from you.
Thanks - much appreciated - it was hard so today hasnt been a good one
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

Tonight I am going out "running". I hope I do teh majority of the 5km running rather than walking ...

Then dinner, with a nice bottle of rosé already opened so it needs drinking :)
Same old nonsense.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Did a 10k "footing" with the running club a small breakaway group decided to do it instead of the normal Tuesday soirée piste as it was such a nice evening, they are all much younger than me and I struggle to keep up with the athletes on Tuesdays and thursdays but on the 400m track its not so much of a problem.

I gave it 100% for the first time since my hospitalisation and was delighted to find that I have finally got back my fitness after 3 months of gradual recovery, 10km/h over 8.3 km after a 4 km warm up.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Coffee break watching the rain. Driving to work was eventful this morning with some people thinking that being on a slip road gives them priority or that if you are driving one of those huge grass/bush cutter things then it’s okay for you to drive up the middle of a road :shock: and as for the driver that didn’t know what a solid white line in the middle of the road means...just glad to get out of the car after only three hours.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Was going to do some more gardening but rain stopped play (again)!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Been out for a "jolly" with a friend to collect some donated books for our fund raising aminal association. We thenwent for a superb lunch in a really nice restaurant - 17.50 for the menu du jour 5 selections each for the entree, plat and dessert. We both agreed it was one of the prettiest villages we have seen. StJean de Cole - just the other side Brantome. Every street you walk down is clean, flowers and window boxes everywhere and even some lanes dedicated to "area sans herbisides". Beautiful old village roman bridge chateaux etc. Well worth a visit if you around that way. AND we got 10 boxes of books from a really nice lady.

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Finally got a coat of paint on the front & rear of house. I've power washed it & applied a coat of stabiliser so hope it stays there
Mind you at 90€ /10l it flippin well ought to.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Yes but it will last for years now - wont it?