A place for some light-hearted chat.
DominicBest

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by DominicBest »

alteza wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:11 pm
DominicBest wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm
I cut the grass yesterday afternoon. My neighbours were all too busy using their farm machinery to report me.
As this is their registered profession, then it is legal for them to do this - you no.
Do you know my neighbours? Or me? How do you know that they are registered and I’m not? Oh dear, you don’t do you.

alittlebitfrench

Post by alittlebitfrench »

alteza wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:36 pm
alittlebitfrench wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:20 pm

You sold the flat then rooftop :D Moving up in the world.

How is your cat BTW ?

Anyway, you don't need to mow your lawn it will probably burn down in the summer. :lol:
Do not know who or what you are talking about? No animals here unless you consider the kids goldfish a animal. Maybe you missed your medication today??

Have lived here for the last 15 years - wife's grandmothers house. Our garden & pool are maintained every week by the same French bloke who installed our rain-water recuperation system so with that and a normal, separate water connection ( 1 for the house - 1 for the garden & pool) our grass stays green all year. Waiting for some dry weather now after 1 month of rain fell yesterday for him to come spray for weeds and fertilize.
That is nice to know.

There used to be a character on the FE forum called 'rooftop' who had the same 'modus operandi' as you. Brit this Brit that, Brit this and the other. I talked them everything they knew :D They kept getting banned (not as much as me :lol: ) and kept coming back under a different name.

They said they lived in Nice or St Tropez and had a cat. Not a million miles away from you :shock:

I think they were American. Are you American Alteza ?

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Grovelling about amongst the rodent poo above the kitchen trying to stuff wires into gaine to get some proper lighting installed.
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler »

alteza wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:36 pm
CelticRambler wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:35 am
Do I disturb the Sunday silence and take the mower for a run in the sunshine ...?
This has got to be the most disrespectful actions that immigrants fail to comply with-in their "new" country.. In our area you will be reported for failing to comply with the noise restrictions outside of the required times - 9-12 & 14:30-19 with nothing on Sundays or holidays..
Yeah, I've spent time in your area. Lucrative, from a financial point of view, but possibly the most anti-social part of France that I know. Fortunately, my neighbours wouldn't be bothered by any of my two-stroke engines on a typical Sunday, as the wind blows any noise off across the fields. That'd be the same wind that blows the noise of their table saws, jack hammers, quad bikes, fusils de chasse, screaming children and lawnmowers towards me.

D'you think I should take a copy of the Code around and remind them that the law applies to natives too? :P

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Yeah, I've spent time in your area. Lucrative, from a financial point of view, but possibly the most anti-social part of France that I know...............

Worse than when you worked in my area?

Hotter, sunnier, drier, no damp and mould and I would feel right at home there, whats not to like!

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler »

Chancer wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 pm
Worse than when you worked in my area?

Hotter, sunnier, drier, no damp and mould and I would feel right at home there, whats not to like!
The people! And the forest of "interdit" signs.

'Round your way, the people are depressed and suicidal, but at least they're friendly, and they don't mind if you park in their town or village.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Starting to clear out my craft room and get it organised - cause it is a mess and drives me crazy :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

Insulating a bedroom before it gets some plaster board. Clear blue sky it's going to be a hottie
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Doug

Post by Doug »

Cutting up even more fire wood with the chainsaw, will this terrible winter never end.

Timoth

Post by Timoth »

Gardening,clearing out dead vegetation, preparing new beds, getting greenhouse in order.