What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Stompie

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Stompie »

Big supermarket shop - lovely and quiet first thing. Then back into the garden, the weeds seem to be much more enthusiastic than the seedlings at the moment. Picked another kilo of strawberries and turned them into jam then finished of a third batch of Elderflower cordial.
The sky was so threatening I decided not to ride the horse but now it's a bit late it's clearing. Typical!

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

vic evans wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:51 pm
Andy72 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 pm
Well the rain held off and the erection went up.

That's a huge gibbet. How many politicians do you reckon it'll handle at one time?
I’d get Boris around to give it a try but he might break it.
Don’t walk away in silence.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Did not do much today, tinkered on the car but got bored with that, had a look on eBay got bored with that. Thought about tiding up the house but as she is not back till Friday that got put off.
Off tomorrow to Ally land to pick up a made to measure outside banister 15m by 3m in sections from a British owned wood yard in La Souterraine at a fraction of the price of a carpenters quote. Found them on FB.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

jsks

Post by jsks »

Just noticed that A&E Live on ITV at 2100 UK time tonight is from the Leeds General Infirmary. So I shall watch with interest as that is where I did my A&E weekend on-calls nearly 40 years ago now. I'm sure I won't recognise the place as it's changed hugely judging by the view on Google Maps but at least they don't have the Savile character haunting the corridors these days.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I watched the NHS awards on Monday - really Moving. The Leeds Hospital thing is on tonight and Thursday.

I am preparing lunch forsome girlfriends - looking forward to a fun get togetheras we alwayshave a good laugh. :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

Been to la Souterraine for the first time in many years, thats fairly changed. They were breathalzying at 11am outside leader Price, I went past them in a beat up van had no licence on me but luckily had an IB so was okay. Picked up a load of wood from a British wood supplier and headed home. Long drive but got a load of banister that I can fit up sometime soon.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

I attended the blood clinic, where there were problems finding a vein to get a needle into, so I came home with plasters on my inner elbow, back of hand and foot! They can’t use my right side and apparently veins become narrower with age; the nurses in the clinic in France said something similar when they found my veins diffucult but the nurses in the UK clinic today have taken my blood samples in the past without problems.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

OOHH GOOD LUCK
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

That her started the long journey back in a taxi heading to the first airport. Me I am almost up got the house to sort out and some scrap metal to clear from the garden. The birds are noisy at this time of the morning.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Well I am no cleaner but I do have the house passable. Calling it time on the tidy up. I am sure she will not be impressed but the excitement should blank it all out.