What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

Two hour drive to show a house and do some work while there. Got a helper today so will have to make some convetsation. He has a four week old baby and lives in a barn with no electricity have not asked it's name probably Jesus 😁 they do have solar power though.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Andy72 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:47 am
Spending our Brico vouchers ( €10 off €50) together with the 15% we got added to the loyalty card when we bought the stuff that qualified for the vouchers and the 15% they will add to the card balance today as it is another 7 day 15% back on your card week. At this rate they are going to be paying me to take the stuff away :D
I thought we were the only ones who used bricomarche. When you buy 3000 euros worth of roof tiles you get a nice credit if you wait till it's the 20 % credit on the card.

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

We have used them a lot over the past 10 years as they are 10 miles down the road compared to a 100 mile round trip to go to the nearest BricoDepot or Leroy Merlin. For the first few years we didn’t bother with a loyalty card but since getting one we have worked out that they are not very clued up when it comes to Brits cottoning on to when they have several offers overlapping. This year is the best so far though, we spent 450€ on stuff that we needed anyway which gave us €90 in vouchers and nearly €70 back on the card. Today we are off to spend another €500 which gives us another €75 back. So a total spend of €950 and €235 back on stuff we would have bought anyway. I knew the accountancy would come in useful one day.
Don’t walk away in silence.

mysty

Post by mysty »

My day started okay got to place of work plugged in electric saw and it just made a buzzing noise the house has 3 phase but must be converted just to run electric fences. I wired straight into the mains still nothing but fried my saw😣but not me.
Completely wasted day in my exciting life did get some rubbish moved but that was it.
House was too high up for the buyers You could see your breath today not sure why it's normally warm.
No food in the house so had to go to mcdoos.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Just checked, it’s going to 23 there Friday....

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Haircut, big grocery shop then gardening.

I heaved up carpet I put on much of our very productive organic vegetable garden last year, as I’m gradually converting to shrubs etc and spread loads of forest bark after doing some planting. Arthritic knees and back have sadly made conversion necessary.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

We slobbed - apart from me visiting a local shop twice to get my new tablet sorted -which they eventully did - hibbie saidit was the look on ly face the second time even thought I was being nice :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Today I'm going to see how my dyeing worked. Had a great day with a friend yesterday trying dyeing techniques.
And last night picked up my new livebox so am back online. Everything got fried last Sunday night. So will spend the day playing catch-up...

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc »

Dog sitting, dog walking and cleaning up do poo - living the dream!

mysty

Post by mysty »

Kathyc wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 am
Dog sitting, dog walking and cleaning up do poo - living the dream!
Have you thought about incontenance pants :lol:
Sorry could not help that one.
I was reading about someone who is potty training she was on the phone to her mum when she said he has just popped on the floor thank God for laminate flooding.
I wondeted how you clean the joints when it's pooed on