What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

The shortbread dessert sounds nice :good: I messed about with fixing the lawn mower a bit hot out there so did a joinfrance thing and went for a sleep.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

Absolutely nothing constructive, dozed in the sun, finished the first of Ann Cleeves Shetland books, watched a bit of a new series on Netflix (The Rain, it's Danish but well dubbed into English). I do enjoy a very lazy Sunday.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Recieved first tourist customers of the year (French) and first nightly rentals since end of January, its been a peacefull 3 months and a convenient time to be struck with sepsis :lol: but I really have missed meeting new and interesting people in a happy relaxed frame of mind, that said I have had and still have superb longer term renters.

Have turned the problem of high percentage of cancellations into a positive, more income through cancellations than bookings so far this month and no changeovers!

mysty

Post by mysty »

i am doing some market research and was wondering, when you do change overs do you always change the sheets or if they still look okay just give them an iron or shake. :D

jsks

Post by jsks »

mysty1 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm
i am doing some market research and was wondering, when you do change overs do you always change the sheets or if they still look okay just give them an iron or shake. :D
Just need to Hoover off stray body hairs and crack on.

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss »

Just shake out the loose bits and keep the lights dim :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

I knew brits that did B and B and he would do that :lol:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Customers have keener eyes than I do, many French women have lovely long dark hair and it gets everywhere, I have to clean out the paniers with the change of laundry before putting the folded and ironed linen in them for the changeovers or a stray hair can find its way into a freshly changed bed.

Me i prefer blondes :good: :good: cant see any trace of them in the bathroom and shower!!

Easiest changeovers are after French sales reps or trainers, the males just winning over the females because they dont have long dark hair, they will eat out and just have a coffee in the morning, bathroom looks like it has not been used, bed is made and tidy but I always change the bedding.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Its an eye opener to see how rarely the long term renters change their bedding, there is nothing for them to do as the exchange set is ironed and ready in the panier, they just need to change the sheets and towels put the panier back on the rack backwards so the à laver label shows and I take care of everything, i do their own laundry as well.

If sheets aren't laundered regularly they become pilled and unusable for customers, the long term renters now get the old bedding, still perfectly usable but I dont mind if they ruin it.

Pillow and mattress protectors need regular laundering, I have spare sets of them, and the pillows and quilts are laundered after each long term (1-3-6 month) let and/or every 3 months.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

mysty1 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm
DONT EVEN GO THERE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it