What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Spotty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Spotty »

Dirty weekend in Brittany with Mrs Spotty for our anniversaire & it's going to be dry & sunny :o

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

Whittling 11 oak pegs.
Don’t walk away in silence.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Going out for coffee with my best friend demon, then onto the lake to see if he can find a friend to sniff and finally do a food shop. Being a Saturday it's the voice tonight just two more shows to go this season then it's twiddle your thumbs with nothing to do till the next season of the voice. 😄 Oh and send a message saying morning to OH unless she reads it here
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Need something to do this day off malarky is getting to me. Tried doing a bit of weeding, too hot. Was going to work on the cars, too hot. Tried talking to demon too hot and he has gone to sleep. Might have to go out and buy some building materials bricomarche have 15% off everything today.
I could go for a swim in our pool its that hot in the Cher but we do not have one.

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss »

You could come and sort our garden if you're desperate. We now realise 8 years after buying this house that 800 sq metres is too much at our age :(

I'd concrete it over and paint it green if I had enough spare cash.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

mysty1 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 2:47 pm
Need something to do this day off malarky is getting to me. Tried doing a bit of weeding, too hot. Was going to work on the cars, too hot. Tried talking to demon too hot and he has gone to sleep. Might have to go out and buy some building materials bricomarche have 15% off everything today.
I could go for a swim in our pool its that hot in the Cher but we do not have one.
Stop bloody moaning about the heat - some of us love it :lol:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Got my Viking pull along lawnmower going today. It hasn't been used since I bought a decent ride on in 2011 but only needed fuel & new air filter & plug to get it going.
Then I tried to take off the normal, blow the cuttings into the basket blade, but it had grown on. An hour later after blasting the bolt with some heat it was off so on went the mulching blade.
Six hours of sweating cobs & lots of colourful language later I've admitted defeat for today. The 2 part blade is bent & touching the aluminium housing so it don't half make a racket when your fire up the machine.
I've tried all ways to straighten it cold but being hardened steel it seems to revert to it's old bent self the moment I turn me back on it. I must have had it on & off 20 times so tomorrow it's out with the oxy/acetylene torch to heat it up & bend it straight followed by re tempering.
If that doesn't work it can stay bent & I'll admit defeat & buy a new blade.
Total waste of a day so we're off to the local Italian resto as compensation.
Ain't life grand :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

bubbles1 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:42 pm
mysty1 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 2:47 pm
Stop bloody moaning about the heat - some of us love it :lol:
If you are waiting on a thank you keep waiting darling. :lol: :lol:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

You have completely lost me now :?
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

bubbles1 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:34 pm
You have completely lost me now :?
With Mysty it is always a guess :D but in this case I'd say it's pretty safe to say that he is referring to the thumbs up/thank you can give a post which I gave you for your answer to him :lol: