What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

It's raining in the creuse and not very warm either. The lake is busy with fisherman today just as well my cement mixer is quiet.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

mysty1 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:50 pm
It's raining in the creuse and not very warm either. The lake is busy with fisherman today just as well my cement mixer is quiet.
Working on the Sabbath ? :innocent: <- not
Hellfire & damnation will rain down on you !

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

jsks wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:32 am
Going to see tulip fields and a tulip museum. Thrilling. Not.
De Wallen tonight ?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Have friends in the area for3days.Coming to us this afternoon and evening. Then we are off out for a lovely lunch tomorrow - Kin Hell - is has stopped raining !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

jsks wrote:
I’ve never been to a tulip museum but one thing I miss now I’ve moved to France is my annual trip to the bulb-fields.

Archy

Post by Archy »

DominicBest wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:00 pm
jsks wrote:
I’ve never been to a tulip museum but one thing I miss now I’ve moved to France is my annual trip to the bulb-fields.
I went with some pals on a 3 day bus trip to the Dutch bulb fields some years ago which included a visit to the Keukenof Gardens. I was mind blown at the beautiful coloured fields of tulips and as for Keukenof absolutely fantastic and I came home with a very large order for bulbs for delivery later that year and I didn't stop at ordering tulips but daffodils, hyacinths etc etc etc. I will visit again when the opportunity arises and would recommend to anyone to go visit Keukenof. Go see Holland as well.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

I lived a couple of hours away from the Dutch bulb fields so it was an annual day trip. A few hours in Keukenhof followed by a drive through the bulb fields and an evening meal in a seaside restaurant before heading home.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Still searching hoping to find round tuits that I may have squirreled away over the years, found some cast iron garde fou de fenêtres that I had renovated, cut n shut and adapted for my openings many years back.

Under 10°c today so a bit cold for the resin anchors, instead removed the last of the oak menuiserie to give a scabby chick re-looking, 8 wardrobe doors and drawer fronts, I really liked the light oak look when I made them but they have darkened and tastes have changed including mine.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

mysty

Post by mysty »

Who needs a hobby I stopped working half an hour ago.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

DominicBest wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:00 pm
I lived a couple of hours away from the Dutch bulb fields so it was an annual day trip. A few hours in Keukenhof followed by a drive through the bulb fields and an evening meal in a seaside restaurant before heading home.
I had an uncle and Aunt who lived in the Spalding area - if anyone knows it - it is flat. Tulips were grown there and every year the town had a tulip festival parade. Amazing floats all decorated with tulip heads, bands playing, wonderful groomed cart horses etc - it took about 2 hours to go past - it was amazing and we used to go every year. I see lovely floats etc in carnivals now on TV but they are all fake - these heads were placed on the pre-stuffed floats within 24 hours - thats dedication. I have always loved tulips since
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it