What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
jsks

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by jsks »

Waiting in departures at Leeds Bradford for flight to Amsterdam to stay with our friend who lives there. She makes the most amazing breakfasts which, alone, are worth the trip.

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

jsks wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 am
Waiting in departures at Leeds Bradford for flight to Amsterdam to stay with our friend who lives there. She makes the most amazing breakfasts which, alone, are worth the trip.
Really? :lol:

jsks

Post by jsks »

vic evans wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 am
jsks wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 am
Really? :lol:
Yes. And the local beer is outstanding but at 9% needs some respect. Also Holland is full of Dutch people - another bonus!

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

mysty1 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:12 pm
A gardener turned up earlier than expected to clear a garden of an abandoned house we bought. Loads of pictures tonight. There are outbuildings a well. Furniture books and toys. Anyone want a minotel spelt wrong or but will be keeping this for myself an unopened brut toilet bag with aftershave. Loads of books all French bar a couple including how to learn English I should keep that one. Loads of old videos including naughty ones. Anyone got an old video player :lol:
Mysty, we renovated an old fisherman's cottage in the old port of Dinan, his toilet was in an outbuilding attached to the house and drained into the river Rance (rancid), water rats dead and alive were everywhere and he had made a cubicle toilet out of pallets, even a roof, when we dismantled it we found hundreds of 1960/70's mucky mags on top of it, very seedy....but took his mind off the rats :lol:
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

mysty

Post by mysty »

I just put a fire on cold and wet in the Cher. Yesterday it was burning hot.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

I think they were VHS I cannot remember what beta looked like. There must be about 100 videos shame to dump them most were proper films even snow white although probably in French. Plus loads of French books.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Not a lot having a slobbing weekendas Hubbie is off Monday and Tuesday and we have friends coing to stay in the area so will be busy with them from Monday onwards. Plus it is piddling down so cant get the rest of ly plants in :cry:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc »

Noisette wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:37 pm
Your local Emmaus would probably be glad of them☺
Our local charity shops won't take them as they can't give them away and they just take up a lot of room. I took a couple of boxes to the tip last year and wondered why I carted them out here. :(

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I also dumped most of mine about 6 months ago - no- one wants them and you cant seem to re-cycle them apart from dumping them.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

Thanks for that you two noz could have had me running about the country trying to find an emmaus that would take them. To the dump then. :lol: