What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Gardengirl

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Gardengirl »

Jo, sorry to read about your friend, a truly terrible time for her. She’ll really need her friends around her.

Today I tried to fix up a celebratory Sunday lunch for elderly relatives in July; the longtime favourite hotel restaurant we’d planned to hold it at could only fit us in at 15h00 and not even in a private dining room - their ‘glass and berries’ event has been so popular.........

I found another hotel we’ve stayed at and eaten at years ago, still obviously doing things well. Private dining room, arrive 12h.00 for 12.30, stay until 17h.00, hardly any difference in price, so booked it there and then. It has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor so hope all will go well.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Gardengirl wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Jo, sorry to read about your friend, a truly terrible time for her. She’ll really need her friends around her.

Today I tried to fix up a celebratory Sunday lunch for elderly relatives in July; the longtime favourite hotel restaurant we’d planned to hold it at could only fit us in at 15h00 and not even in a private dining room - their ‘glass and berries’ event has been so popular.........

I found another hotel we’ve stayed at and eaten at years ago, still obviously doing things well. Private dining room, arrive 12h.00 for 12.30, stay until 17h.00, hardly any difference in price, so booked it there and then. It has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor so hope all will go well.
Hope it does go well for you all as it is obviously special. What is a "glass and berries" thing - I have no idea?
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

bubbles1 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 pm
Gardengirl wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Hope it does go well for you all as it is obviously special. What is a "glass and berries" thing - I have no idea?
Thanks for the good wishes, Bubbles - it’s a small celebration for my husband’s elderly relatives who can’t travel to the south of England for our Golden Wedding Anniversary ‘do’.

I didn’t bother to ask what it was, but you persuaded me to find out:

It’s an afternoon in the grounds with live music, prosecco, and a strawberry afternoon tea; lunch beforehand is available, and seems to have been heavily booked, which is why we couldn't be fitted in easily.

Not my glass of champagne.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Same old boring day repairing tape joints on plaster board but get to go home tonight. Looks bright outside but still in bed. :D must get motovated.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Off to the kitten rescue Association Acorn to cat cuddle and see the new tiny kittens who were born 2 weeks ago. Cant wait to get back in the swing of things.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

A gardener turned up earlier than expected to clear a garden of an abandoned house we bought. Loads of pictures tonight. There are outbuildings a well. Furniture books and toys. Anyone want a minotel spelt wrong or but will be keeping this for myself an unopened brut toilet bag with aftershave. Loads of books all French bar a couple including how to learn English I should keep that one. Loads of old videos including naughty ones. Anyone got an old video player :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bluehighway

Post by bluehighway »

Mowing the sodding grass before the rain arrives tomorrow.
Been away for nearly two weeks so it was more than ankle high.
Dark clouds coming over as I write....

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Hosted the reading group - good meeting. Off to cook dinner.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Took plants to next door neighbour to look after while we’re back in England, took opposite neighbour out for lunch - she’ll be 95 next week. Finished packing, now have feet up and a have long, cool drink, very alcoholic.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

sounds good to me :good: