What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Youcancallmebetty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Youcancallmebetty »

Oh...GG, that sounds awful and clearly frightening for you even if you weren't hurt. Glad people came to help you. Nice to know there are some decent people around.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Ditto what Youcancallmebetty said to you Gardengirl, hopefully the driver will have taken in what was likely shouted at him too.

cleoj

Post by cleoj »

An awful shock, Gardengirl, thankfully someone was certainly looking after you. Thank goodness that included the couple that were nearby to both take care of you and give the idiot a dressing down.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Thanks for the kind thoughts; I had wondered if I would have nightmares of a big red dragon coming to eat me up, but I slept soundly.

I’m finally going to get winter clothes packed away in a suitcase in the boot now that warm weather has finally arrived; we have a very small apartment with little storage, so winter/summer clothes get ferried to and from here and the UK. We’re off north in about a week, another birthday to celebrate as a family.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Glad you are OK GG.

Finally finished the skirtings and architraves in my OH work room (nearly) now to take them all off again and stain them, whilst off and drying, paint the walls and ceilings, still having fun. :roll:

Mike

mysty

Post by mysty »

Tried to get the dog to do a poo but he thought it was too hot to walk. The van is now off the recovery vehicle but they have still not looked at it.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Youcancallmebetty wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:40 pm
Oh...GG, that sounds awful and clearly frightening for you even if you weren't hurt. Glad people came to help you. Nice to know there are some decent people around.
There are lovely people around. Luckily GG two were on hand to help you in your time of need! If you start shakingagainjust reach forthe cognac!!!
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Hubbie jetwashed the patio and paths, bought couscous from the market for lunch. We have been shopping for plants so this afternoon will be spent starting to pot them up and get my beans in. We also purchased a lovely white Nerium Oleander to plant in memory of our beloved dog.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

That’s a lovely idea, bubbles.

I went to market early this morning, then wandered back with my husband to carry the heavier things. I ordered some lavender and rosemary bushes to take back to the UK next week, much cheaper than what I can buy locally there and all I’ve taken have been very healthy.

It’s 28.4C, so pleased I cancelled the guided walk to the Pont du Gard that we’d booked, there’s very little shade as you walk along the aqueduct from the village of Vers.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Got my van back this morning after it broke down a week ago, it was only the MAF that needed changed, ebay UK anything from 35 for a copy to 120 for the proper one. The French one he got cost 180 but that will be a good one :lol: 68 labour which was not bad and 68 for the cost of the break down truck. So not too bad considering its never been serviced since I got it about five years ago, I did do an oil change once but I have only done about 70.000 in that time. Its now just a shade under 200.000 miles.
Did a dump run today, been out for coffee she is packing to go of to the UK for a month. Demon says its too hot to go out.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience