What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Joinfrance

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Joinfrance »

Sitting on my exercise bike doing my customary 45 minutes, then attempting to put my old bike in my small car to take it to someone who will try to get it in a condition for me to ride. Then a quick wander round the market and a visit to the grandchildren. Then back home for lunch. This afternoon preparing tubs for plants. I don’t have a garden but I put tubs all round the house, but they are getting too heavy for me to lift now.

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Getting some point-of-lay chickens and a bit of decorating.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Very lazy day but not as lazy as the garage that has my van. its still on their breakdown trailer :lol: no rush its not like I need it. :lol: me went out for coffee, done a couple of washes, went for a sleep knocked out by the heat.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Hair cut, collecting goddies from the UK delivery person - out to fund raising quiz for animals this evening with friends. :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Youcancallmebetty

Post by Youcancallmebetty »

I've got 14 people coming for dinner. Luckily I just have to make desserts so I've spent a little while making brownies with salted butter caramel, and lemon posset. You have no idea what my autocorrect wanted to change "posset" to😶

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Ohh can I call round later for dessert - I still cant find the blodddyyyy spelt cheque!
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Well, today didn’t t go according to plan at all. First thing was getting the bike in the car, boot wouldn’t close so tied shut with elastic spider thing next got to the turning for the streets to the bike repairers only to discover it’s now one way in the other direction and to get to where I wanted to go was a detour of a couple of km. Then when I eventually got there there were no parking signs everywhere. This is all within the last couple of weeks! I was there not long ago.
Anyway, after ‘persuading some poor innocent bystander to get the bike out of the car, taking it into the shop and then driving a long way to find a place to park, then walk -uphill-everywhere is uphill in Tulle - I discovered that it needed loads of things doing to it. Lovely lad in the shop fixed everything and asked for a donation towards costs...! Tried to ride it but still can’t bend my knee enough to pedal it properly, so ‘waste’ of time, money and energy. Had to go get the car and load it back up, then came home, by which time I was melting with the heat. Couldn’t go to the market with a car which I couldn’t lock.
At home had fun getting it back out of the car. 33º outside. Couldn’t do much. Went to visit grandchildren this afternoon. 3toddlers, tiring!
Anybody want to buy a bike?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

NO

Youcancallmebetty

Post by Youcancallmebetty »

bubbles1 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 pm
Ohh can I call round later for dessert - I still cant find the blodddyyyy spelt cheque!
Yep! I'm certain there will be leftovers and I'm leaving on Friday so I'd like tomorrow's menu not to be lemon posset and chocolate brownie for every meal!😂

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Lemon possett and chocolate brownies sound delicious!

I very nearly got hit by a car this morning as I walked into town. I started crossing on the pedestrian crossing when a big red car suddenly turned the corner at speed and headed for me. I only just managed to take a small step backwards- thank goodness I need to use a walking stick at the moment, which supported me, as he hurriedly braked and ended up about 2cm away from me.

The Arab driver jumped out and an Arab couple, also pedestrians, who were very close came rushing up; the man screamed for what seemed ages at the driver, the woman helped me to a wall to sit down - I was trembling and crying. The couple insisted on walking with me to the café I’d been heading for and I immediately ordered cognac to try to stop shaking; I felt more normal after the cognac and a coffee. New members at the coffee morning must have wondered about this woman knocking back cognac at 10h.30 - They probably think I’m an old soak!

Thanks for reading - I wasn’t hurt but it has left me feeling very vulnerable.