What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Joinfrance

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Joinfrance »

I'm going to try to have a more positive attitude to my (slight) disabilities, and do some of the things I have told myself I can no longer do. Yesterday I tried - and managed - to get on a friend's bike, so maybe I CAN get on my bike again! or at least I may be able to find a bike I can ride. AND I'm going to carry my overlocker down from the attic by myself! (it's old and heavy)
This has all come about because I have greatly increased the amount of physical activity I was doing and am, in consequence becoming more agile.
Have a nice day y'all...

mysty

Post by mysty »

We are off to a garage this morning to recover tools and things from my van that broke down. I would have said our van but she says it's a tatty wreck 😀 We were meant to be working today but the materials are in the van.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Van was still on the recovery vehicle so we have gone off to the sunny limousin for a couple of days. Planting plants we bought last week. What an exciting life☺

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

How far into the Limousin?

curtis

Post by curtis »

I was competing in a rallye there at the weekend. Started at Châteauneuf la Forêt. So today I have been cleaning the car un loading the towcar and various jobs connected.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Joinfrance wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:25 pm
How far into the Limousin?
Just outside ussel on the limousin border

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Coming to the end of the 3rd decennelle rebuild of my home made goods trailer that has been an absolute lifeline the last 12 years, has been completely abused and never let me down, found a few bits that were on the point of catastrophic failure but what can I expect after regularly putting a 1300kg payload on 500kg suspension and 10" Mini wheels.

Thought there would be no chance of finding new suspension units compatible with Mini hubs, I mean who makes theiur own trailer and goes to the breakers yard for the bits these days? To my joy Indespension still sell them, £72 a pair and I found my Indespension catalogue from 1985 when I built it, the price i paid then was £41, thats not much of an increase in 32 years :shock: I think even my earnings may have gone up more than that :lol:

A universal coupling (ball + pin) is cheaper today than it was then, in real terms stuff is so much cheaper, just as well as nobody seems capable or willing to make their own things these days.

Pity the catalogue didnt have the prices of the ready made trailers (if you have to ask the price sir you cannot afford it :lol: ) but you can bet that a better stronger trailer from a brico-shed will be cheaper today than then.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Mike

Post by Mike »

Putting the multi finish on the wall I plastered yesterday, waiting for it to dry sufficiently to wet out and close in, when will I get my OH studio finished, I am far too old to plaster ceiling and walls, let alone build then in the first place, still we will be off to our place in France soon and I can start all over again on a different room there instead, Oh what fun.

Mike

mysty

Post by mysty »

I just plastered half a ceiling in French plaster mike the finish is rough. I ordered multi finish from a British company who have a depot near ally. Dep23
Will go over the first attempt next week.

alittlebitfrench

Post by alittlebitfrench »

ALBF lost 2 kilos in the garden.

Allez ALBF 8-)