What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Joinfrance

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Joinfrance »

Oh dear! You knocked that wall down then?

Debra

Post by Debra »

No (not yet anyway - though it's tempting!) - I knocked the old fireplace out of the kitchen. Much more space now but it was hard going and now I'm trying to hide the water pipes running down the corner and into the recess and it's taking a lot of thinking about, not to mention a lot of work trying to get a framework stuck to the walls. I think I need a course in drilling into stone!

I've agreed to let it so I'm under pressure to get it done! Not that they weren't ok with the way it was - it was me that wasn't. I want to give them a more usable kitchen. They agreed it would be better with the wall out but also agreed it was a bit much to do in the time frame involved.

Debra

Post by Debra »

This means I'm a deliberate landlady now rather than an accidental one :D

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler »

Debra wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:38 pm
Trying to put a kitchen back together after destroying it at the weekend.
Once upon a time, I went out to work in the morning, came home at lunchtime to find the whole sitting room ceiling on the floor. MrsCR had started picking at a loose bit of woodchip paper we inherited from the previous owner and got carried away! :o Needless to say, the redecoration of the sitting room got moved up our list of priorities.

If "today" can be considered as having started at 00h00, then I've spent all of it so far catching up on what seems like about fifteen years' worth of posts. :shock:

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Still weeding but seeing the results is helping!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

It’s a lovely sunny morning, would be nice to go out somewhere to enjoy it, but we have ‘experts’ arriving, sent by the décennal insurance company to do yet another inspection to try to sort out leaks. This has been going on for 3 years - expert arrives, decides what is wrong, some work is done and all seems fine until the next torrential rain and leaks begin again. Then it all starts again. I’m on the conseil syndical and we’re turning out in force (well, force 5!) and have our own expert coming along too.

Fingers crossed that this afternoon is sunny as I’m not spending all day on this, I’m going for a long walk in the countryside later.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Me, I’m skiving for the rest of today :P today’s work has been put off until tomorrow with deciding working to midnight tomorrow is a better option.

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss »

We're going to The Big Smoke; to Lidl, Aldi, and maybe Géant or Leclerc, to replenish our freezer after using up almost its entire contents before defrosting it.

We won't leave here until twelvish though, and return before four, to avoid the traffic jams in and out, and be in the shops during the compulsory lunch break.

Elstow

Post by Elstow »

Amazingly, the sun is out. I think I'll try to fix my lawnmower and plant some bulbs, if the ground is not too wet.

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss »

We only just got back from Carcassonne, the shopping took a bit longer, and we hit the homegoing traffic on the N113 - whatever it's called nowadays.

At least we didn't get hit with a £60 fine for overstaying by 2 minutes in a council car park, as happened last time we visited the sceptered isle. Not that we pay fines on a French reg car in UK :D