What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

Heading home its snowing and she is driving just two hours to home scary not the snow her driving😅
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

I am trying to join this forum. So far so good.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

mysty1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Heading home its snowing and she is driving just two hours to home scary not the snow her driving😅
Ha Ha... wondered when there would be payback for saying you look very similar to your avatar Image
And what I'm doing now is downloading photos after driving through snow, sleet and heavy rain, only thing I didn't have was hailstones and then I come back to sunshine in the Cher, should have stayed home!

bluehighway

Post by bluehighway »

Sprocket wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:33 pm
:D

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

bluehighway wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 pm
Sprocket wrote:
Failed on the avatar front, can't get it to show. Otherwise all is good.

bluehighway

Post by bluehighway »

Sprocket wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm
bluehighway wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 pm
Sprocket wrote:
Failed on the avatar front, can't get it to show. Otherwise all is good.
you have to sort out avatars with "admin" on here - I believe there's a software glitch

mysty

Post by mysty »

Going to collect her car today, it's been away for about three weeks might get on to what pleased you with the fact it's back but the bill might annul that.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

mysty1 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:40 am
Going to collect her car today, it's been away for about three weeks might get on to what pleased you with the fact it's back but the bill might annul that.
Yeah three weeks.......but I might have had it back sooner if-

No.1. The garage had started working on it when they said they would and not a few days later but the guys working there are always nice and smile lots so I didn’t mind that.

Short version of No.2. If you had listened to me :P

Long version of No.2. If you had ordered and bought the right part for the car. Now you’re not a mechanic, so I understand that it wasn’t your fault and it was the guy in the shop that ordered it, you only gave him the details of the car. And yet neither am I a mechanic but when you came back to the car carrying the new part (which was the rocker cover gasket), I said “that doesn’t look right, it’s too big”. You didn’t agree so I tried again saying, nicely, “Darling, I don’t think there is anywhere on that engine that that will fit, it’s too big”. So did you go back into the shop, no, we went to the garage and you handed it over to the person in the showroom in front. Now the only thing wrong with the garage is they don’t like phoning, so as we didn’t go back for three days and we didn’t find out right away that it was the wrong part, you had got one for a 6 cylinder, mines is only a 4 cylinder, they even counted out the holes for you to be clear :lol: :lol: so more days lost ordering a new part again.

BMW said given the age and the fact that it has done 352,000 kms, it wasn’t worth fixing and I should buy a new car, just keep that in mind when you see the bill and then it will seem like a bargain in comparison :P

Doug

Post by Doug »

My god some of you here have complicated lives or is it good imagination.
For myself its spraying bordeaux mixture on fruit trees as its not supposed to rain for a while, he says with fingers crossed.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Off for lunch in Egleton if I can find somewhere decent, if not a sandwich from the boulangerie. Then a quick trip round Emmaus. Not looking for anything in particular, just having a mooch. This evening I’m animating a silent meditation.(!) Not for the faint hearted...