What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Ally

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Ally »

I made 8 mortice and tenon joints for the first time in decades. I've still got it. Walking round like a daftie showing them to people.😁

Veem

Post by Veem »

I reckon I can dig up about 500 catsear per hour. So today I guess I dug up around 2250. It knackers the knees though.

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop »

Trying to neaten the garden.
Digging up sundry large stones that are in the way, used my 'sack truck' to move them to mark out my boundary, prior to planting a hopefully scented hedge. Mowed some grass, attacked more stones, filled some bin bags. Chatted to neighbour.
Had a lovely soak with relaxing bubbles.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Unfortunately I’ve been busy cancelling Our 6 week trip down to our apartment in the Gard, Eurotunnel, Friday’s accommodation and meal and Saturday evening’s meal at our favourite restaurant in Beaune. Also contacted travel insurance company, who won’t cover my husband from travelling for 12 weeks, so we now have their dreadful forms to full in - we’ve had to do that a few times and they aren’t easy.

My husband had a sort of faint on Monday night, cut his head, much blood on the kitchen units and floor and an ambulance took him off to hospital. A scan showed there was nothing wrong with his brain, so they decided it was his heart - he’s had a couple of these faints before.

After he was stitched up, cardiologists decided to insert an implantable loop recorder in his chest, a bit like a tiny USB stick that records the heart’s electrical activity. He must also wear an ‘activator’ round his neck all the time; the ILR measures unusual electrical activity and the activator is used when the patient feels dizzy, odd etc, recording it by placing it on the skin over the ILR, later informing the cardiologists, who can play the recording and see what’s been happening.

An ILR can stay in and record for up to 3 years, is slipped in under the chest skin into a 1cm wide slit with just local anaesthetic, (a bit like putting butter inside the breast skin of a turkey!), just a few stitches needed to keep it in place, and it was inserted while in bed, no going off to theatre or anything.

Apparently pacemakers aren’t being used nearly as much in our hospital’s excellent cardiac department, even though they are cheaper than these ILRs.

We are so lucky to live when we do, with such wonderful medical care.

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady »

How disappointing for you. I hope he has a favourable outcome.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Hope Mr GM makes a speedy recovery GG.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Nothing apart from reading & watching telly.
I worked the last two days & that's enough for a retired old fart :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

vic evans wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 pm
Nothing apart from reading & watching telly.
I worked the last two days & that's enough for a retired old fart :lol:
I am sure you are not an old fart vic 8-)

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Sorry to hear that Gg My friend had a loop recorder fitted and it proved she did need a pacemaker. They are an excellent way of avoiding unnecessary surgery

mysty

Post by mysty »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:31 pm
Sorry to hear that Gg My friend had a loop recorder fitted and it proved she did need a pacemaker. They are an excellent way of avoiding unnecessary surgery
I had never heard of that before GG mentioned it. Does it just clip on or do you need surgery.