What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Ally

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Ally »

I'm finally going to get up and find out whose house this is.

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

Ally wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:20 am
That does not surprise me.

Many years ago I was a 8 pool champion in the UK and played doubles with a Scottish guy for money. He could not play but he was quite well built and could handle himself...which was more of a help.

Anyway, he decided one night on the way home (pissed) to beak into someones house because he was hungry and help himself to their fridge.

He either fell asleep or got caught. I can't remember.

I used to visit him in jail in Oxford.

I often wondered what happened to him.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Day two trying to do our simple tax declaration on the useless French website. :(

Gave it the best part of three hours and gave up. Found an email address for the tax office and have requested a RDV with an English speaker. Watch this space. :roll:
Last edited by Aardvark on Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

ajm

Post by ajm »

Just for the record ABMF - Hawkins,Wilson,Trump and Ding Junhui are not scottish. In fact there are none in action today.
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Given in and started the fire. We took demon on a cycle he was running, cold outside. He was the only one not out of breath :oops:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

curtis

Post by curtis »

As today is la journée nationale des véhicules d'époque ( https://www.ffve.org/JNVE ) I went to one meeting in the morning, home for lunch and a change of car and off to another in the afternoon. Nice selection of all sorts of older cars and motorcycles.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

We had our granddaughters for the day, our last time together before we leave for France. We had planned to spend most of the day at a farm holding a lambing open day but the 7 year old felt unwell soon after our early lunch at the garden centre and turned a delicate shade ofgreen.

So we returned to our home, cuddled up and read stories and played board games. Later she felt better so off we went to the local country park where the girls had fun on the adventure playground. I’m feeling worn out now, but it was fun.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Winding down of my training regime for the Lille Marathon in 2 weeks, 15kms at a moderate pace this afternoon as opposed to 30kms intensive last Saturday, doing the 20K Maroilles race on Wednesday and then rest and recuperation before the event.

Was inspiring watching the London Marathon on the BBC this morning.

Ally

Post by Ally »

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 am
Ally wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:20 am
That does not surprise me.

Many years ago I was a 8 pool champion in the UK and played doubles with a Scottish guy for money. He could not play but he was quite well built and could handle himself...which was more of a help.

Anyway, he decided one night on the way home (pissed) to beak into someones house because he was hungry and help himself to their fridge.

He either fell asleep or got caught. I can't remember.

I used to visit him in jail in Oxford.

I often wondered what happened to him.
Didnae happen.

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:25 pm
Winding down of my training regime for the Lille Marathon in 2 weeks, 15kms at a moderate pace this afternoon as opposed to 30kms intensive last Saturday, doing the 20K Maroilles race on Wednesday and then rest and recuperation before the event.

Was inspiring watching the London Marathon on the BBC this morning.
How do you in one day, maintain a hotel, run 15 km's at a moderate pace (so let's say walking) and...watch the London Marathon ?