A place for some light-hearted chat.
Fitter

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Fitter »

Spotty wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:32 am
Fitter wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 pm
Hacking a path through the brambles and fallen timber into part of our little bit of woodland to fix a piege de chenille processionnaire du pin to a big 25 metre larch, there is a nest right at the top that is impossible to access. I reckon the tree will have to come down after the caterpillars have been disposed of as the damn things will keep coming back to the same tree. Anybody any experience of these horrible pests?
Stick at it with the trap, they do work.
caterpillars round here are on the ground due to the warm spell.
I reckon that the ones in this nest haven't started eating yet as the surrounding branches still have all their needles - so hopefully got the trap up in time. Later in the year we are going to put the anti-moth pheromone traps up to stop any moths breeding.
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

"What will you do with the trap, burn it and put another up later, I hope."

The trap we bought is an "Ecopiege" for a 1.5 metre circumference tree and you can buy spare bags. So will probably burn the bag when the caterpillars are in it, and leave the trap fixed to the tree in case there is another nest on that tree.

https://www.ecopiege-boutique.com/colli ... piege.html
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Thinking about the fickleness of human nature.
My de facto sil has just received the news that his ex wife’s son hung himself yesterday.
This sort or thing changes the emotional landscape and circumstances in ways that are not predictable.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Fitter wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Spotty wrote:
Fitter wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 pm
Hacking a path through the brambles and fallen timber into part of our little bit of woodland to fix a piege de chenille processionnaire du pin to a big 25 metre larch, there is a nest right at the top that is impossible to access. I reckon the tree will have to come down after the caterpillars have been disposed of as the damn things will keep coming back to the same tree. Anybody any experience of these horrible pests?
I reckon that the ones in this nest haven't started eating yet as the surrounding branches still have all their needles - so hopefully got the trap up in time. Later in the year we are going to put the anti-moth pheromone traps up to stop any moths breeding.
Update - How wrong can you be? Went down the wood this morning to make sure that the piege had survived the storm and rain and the horrible hairy buggers are down the tree in the collar of the trap - drowning :lol: :D :good:

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Fitter wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:03 pm
Fitter wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Spotty wrote:

Update - How wrong can you be? Went down the wood this morning to make sure that the piege had survived the storm and rain and the horrible hairy buggers are down the tree in the collar of the trap - drowning :lol: :D :good:
What a good thing they hadn’t had swimming lessons yet! 😃

mysty

Post by mysty »

Eating out at McDonald's bourges waiting for 2 o'clock when the bmw goes back into the garage for a check up. No smoke that's stopped but no power rattles when pushed. They think it's the turbo again.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

That sounds expensive!

I’m preparing lunch and did a test from another thread, managed not to smear butter on my ipad screen, good result.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

I’m trying to figure out why people like getting autographs....and why they would want to hand Trump a bible to sign, I find that seriously disturbing for so many reasons.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

After the Storm wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:26 am
I’m trying to figure out why people like getting autographs....and why they would want to hand Trump a bible to sign, I find that seriously disturbing for so many reasons.
It's like trainspotting for those that don't like trains

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Don’t turn on your radio, radio 4 has given an idiot more airtime just now.