What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

Tinkering about on an old Alfa, been tinkering on it for over a year now and its still not ready to go. :)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

On our way back to the UK, sitting in the BA lounge, quiet and comfortable.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Have a good journey back Gardengirl and don’t let anyone try and tell you that Brexit is good idea ;)

I’m waiting to go out for a cycle ride with Mysty and Demon, one of them isn’t ready yet :P

Maricopa

Post by Maricopa »

After the Storm wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:23 pm

I’m waiting to go out for a cycle ride with Mysty and Demon, one of them isn’t ready yet :P
Demon can ride a bike! Wow😂

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Maricopa wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:40 pm
After the Storm wrote:

Demon can ride a bike! Wow😂
Poodles are so cool aren’t they 8-) , they just love cycle rides....

....and yep, Demon has his own basket too :P but he wanted to run today.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Hacking a path through the brambles and fallen timber into part of our little bit of woodland to fix a piege de chenille processionnaire du pin to a big 25 metre larch, there is a nest right at the top that is impossible to access. I reckon the tree will have to come down after the caterpillars have been disposed of as the damn things will keep coming back to the same tree. Anybody any experience of these horrible pests?
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

After the Storm wrote:
Have a good journey back Gardengirl and don’t let anyone try and tell you that Brexit is good idea ;)

Thanks, ATS, it was a good journey home, plenty of champagne on our bargain BA flight too and they gave us 2 (small) bottles to bring home.

We had a long discussion with our son in the car bringing us from the airport; actually, my husband did, I was too involved in the back seat with the non-stop chatter of our 4 year old granddaughter, great fun!

It’s wet and cool here, not a great start to our stay. Not making any plans to return to France until after the 29th though.

Today? Food shopping and unpacking.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Fitter wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 pm
Hacking a path through the brambles and fallen timber into part of our little bit of woodland to fix a piege de chenille processionnaire du pin to a big 25 metre larch, there is a nest right at the top that is impossible to access. I reckon the tree will have to come down after the caterpillars have been disposed of as the damn things will keep coming back to the same tree. Anybody any experience of these horrible pests?
Stick at it with the trap, they do work.
caterpillars round here are on the ground due to the warm spell.

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

Fitter wrote:
I reckon the tree will have to come down after the caterpillars have been disposed of as the damn things will keep coming back to the same tree. Anybody any experience of these horrible pests?
I put a sign up beneath our tree saying 'no caterpillars'.

It worked a treat.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Fitter wrote:
If you’re fitting a trap, hopefully you won’t have them traipsing back. What will you do with the trap, burn it and put another up later, I hope.

We had experience of them years ago near Dieulefit, trees with hundreds of the nests, which died in quite a short period of years as nothing was done about the caterpillars.

We started seeing them in our part of the Gard a few years ago, not very many so far, private individuals have started using traps, but not the mairie, and in the countryside they are on the land of various dufferent farmers.

A friend of ours in the Drome area had a nasty experience after putting his sports bag on the ground in his building’s car park and carried it up to their apartment - very unpleasant for him and his dog was very ill.

Good luck with your efforts, I hope you can safeguard your tree.