What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by bubbles1 »

Sounds brilliant X
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

mysty wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:14 pm
mysty wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:09 pm
Went for the work option colder inside than out just now.
Heaters on and wooly hats. demon has his red wooly body warmer on picture later :)
Am I cool or what
demondayclothes.jpg
Some more accessories in case you need an idea for Demon’s next birthday.

https://www.coyotevest.com

Maricopa

Post by Maricopa »

Nifty wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:29 pm
I have just been watching the first part of documentary called Adolf Hitler on the History Chanel.

The parallels with the last two years are striking, though, of course, it could never happen again could it?
I have watched the same documentary on Yesterday. Really interesting look at the way he rose to power and then became to believe he was untouchable by a series of botched assassination attempts.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Started my house clear out - NTR - I dont normally make them but this year I have made up my mind - why - if I die who is going to clear out a load of stuff that means nothing to them - so do it now and have more space :good: :good: :good: :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Y?

mysty

Post by mysty »

I left my wallet with cards and all at a house I was working in at the weekend heading down today to recover them.
Fired my mechanic trying to finish things off myself but its all turning to poop.
I am not a mechanic and my German is crap ordered the wrong bits and they had pictures as well. :lol:
WD40 cleans your hands well though
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

mysty wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 am
I left my wallet with cards and all at a house I was working in at the weekend heading down today to recover them.
Fired my mechanic trying to finish things off myself but its all turning to poop.
I am not a mechanic and my German is crap ordered the wrong bits and they had pictures as well. :lol:
You need to learn when to bail out & leave to a proper spannerman :D
I started changing the oil cooler thermostat on the Mondeo Sat. morning after watching the "quick fix" on Youtube. Once I realised I needed 10"/254mm long fingers which I don't or remove the inlet manifold, I put back what I'd removed & filed the job under "G for Garagista". Will be paid for by not having any other repairs to do after passing its CT.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Spotty wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:47 am
mysty wrote:
I started changing the oil cooler thermostat on the Mondeo Sat. morning after watching the "quick fix" on Youtube. Once I realised I needed 10"/254mm long fingers which I don't or remove the inlet manifold, I put back what I'd removed & filed the job under "G for Garagista". Will be paid for by not having any other repairs to do after passing its CT.
I know no need to tell me :lol: and its not a question of money :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop »

Trip to Mairie to enquire about absent Conciliateur de Justice at the 'permanence'.
Poor man is sick, so told my sorry tale to Mairie reception.
We have been issued with new house numbers, and random new street signs have sprung up, including one on the corner of my garden, which unfortunately proclaimed the number of next door's house, not mine.
Deliveries by local couriers are difficult enough, without incorrect information implying that my house doesn't even exist!
So I explained the 'mistake', and was accompanied to the relevant Gendarme office, where a very helpful lady took details of how the occupier of 'next door' is the very gent responsible for organising the new set-up.
Over the years of my ownership of this house, one irritating action after another has made my life more difficult than it needed to be, thanks to this person, so this was just one more childish prank for me to report.
Hopefully this situation will be resolved before too long - the last one (parking across my house access) was stopped by the very kind Conciliateur, who actually came to the house to check!
Thank goodness such a system exists, for cowards like me who can't cope with confrontations.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

mysty wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 pm
Spotty wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:47 am
mysty wrote:
I know no need to tell me :lol: and its not a question of money :lol:
When it was down to money I changed the water pump on our sh1t heap R19. Didn't spot the dropped bolt & lunched the cambelt, learnt my lesson :D