What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Aardvark

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Aardvark »

Going to the tip with a van load of cardboard packaging from the flat pack kitchen project.
An exciting life innit :roll:
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Aardvark wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:52 am
Going to the tip with a van load of cardboard packaging from the flat pack kitchen project.

Did that last week, rock 'n' roll :D

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Spotty wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:04 pm
Aardvark wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:52 am

Did that last week, rock 'n' roll :D
Saving all our cardboard to go under the no dig, raised vegie beds I've been threatening to build for the last few years.
Thanks to Amazons packaging zeal I've got a shed full now.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Aardvark wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 pm
Day five assembling a flat pack kitchen. RSI setting in already. Wondering how I will place/mark/cut/trim/fettle and fit the worktops that I could hardly lift out of the trailer on my own. Still, as long as it keeps raining I won't have to try. No barn/workshop/garage so its all outside work.
Dnot leave the worktops too long. A couple of years ago a friend bought some cut to measure wood worktops from Leroy Merlin but by the time he got around to fitting them they had warped and he had to buy some replacements. I made a nice BBQ table out of one of the rejects.

mysty

Post by mysty »

DominicBest wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:23 pm
Aardvark wrote:
Day five assembling a flat pack kitchen. RSI setting in already. Wondering how I will place/mark/cut/trim/fettle and fit the worktops that I could hardly lift out of the trailer on my own. Still, as long as it keeps raining I won't have to try. No barn/workshop/garage so its all outside work.
Dnot leave the worktops too long. A couple of years ago a friend bought some cut to measure wood worktops from Leroy Merlin but by the time he got around to fitting them they had warped and he had to buy some replacements. I made a nice BBQ table out of one of the rejects.
Warped :lol: I bought wide pine skirting today from Bricodepot, it comes warped but its fine enough to secure into place with glue and nails.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Came down to our soon to be new house icey all the way from St Amand to Montlucon then a balmy.5 degrees and no ice at the house but it was -9 last night here.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

DominicBest wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:23 pm
Aardvark wrote:
:good:
As always, I appreciate good advice but I think I'm OK on that one. My worktops are not the upmarket solid wood ones. They are 40mm thick agglomere (?) with a laminate covering top, bottom, and both long edges. Only the ends are exposed. I learned my lesson long ago about trying to buy solid wood here. I have been using up a large stash of boat building timber I brought with me years ago. There will be a lot of teak, mahogany, and marine ply in this old hovel for future owners to discover. I just remembered I have a brand new ash staircase that I bought about ten years ago. Piled up with stuff and the end of the lounge furthest from the fireplace. I hope it is still straight and not a spiral one now.
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

A local carpenter dropped a lot of off-cuts that I could use as kindling years ago. I burnt a lot of it but still have bits of mahogany, teak and other interesting woods in the shed which often come in useful.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Pointing a tiled floor and picking up my van today

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Recovering from yesterday, which involved children, epic vomit over clothes and bedding, washing machine and dryer, hilarious panto, more washing, family gathering over tea and exchange of presents, xylophone crackers with more hilarity, bed-making, backache.

I slept for longer last night than for years - nearly 9 hours rather than about my normal 4 or 5.

Happy Sunday all.