What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
SW31girl

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by SW31girl »

Not a lot as I have sciatica and am using a portable TENS machine. Had French lessons today and realised, yet again, that I have been confusing people using the wrong verbs - will I ever learn!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

mysty

Post by mysty »

Just been relaxing today put a battery in an Alfa as an emergency if the BMW is going to be off the road.
She is loading pictures and doing the text for new ads that will be going up soon for houses for sale.
I would help but she prefers the spelling and grammar to be correct :P
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

operation "Clear the jungle"

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Spent yesterday sewing up the pieces for the latestpatchwork quilt. - all 324 of them. Looks great so far. I wanted to post a photo but it wouldn’t let me. Said it was too big, but haven’t worked out how to make it smaller...

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

If I can bear to get moving I might just go to the Prefecture again to try to collect my titre de séjour...

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Joinfrance wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am
Spent yesterday sewing up the pieces for the latestpatchwork quilt. - all 324 of them. Looks great so far. I wanted to post a photo but it wouldn’t let me. Said it was too big, but haven’t worked out how to make it smaller...
Scissors then take several photos :D

Or stand well back :lol:

Joking apart I have never managed to post a photo on this forum either despite my camera being 14 years old and a puny resolution compared to a smartphone camera and I have it set to an even lower resolution because it still has the miniscule memory card from those days, it seemed inconcievable that the file size would be too large.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

SW31girl wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:31 pm
Not a lot as I have sciatica and am using a portable TENS machine. Had French lessons today and realised, yet again, that I have been confusing people using the wrong verbs - will I ever learn!
I hope that your sciatica is improving; I love my TENS machines, one in the UK, one in France, vital pieces of equipment.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:56 am
Joinfrance wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am
Scissors then take several photos :D

Or stand well back :lol:

Joking apart I have never managed to post a photo on this forum either despite my camera being 14 years old and a puny resolution compared to a smartphone camera and I have it set to an even lower resolution because it still has the miniscule memory card from those days, it seemed inconcievable that the file size would be too large.
This is one way of doing it if you can’t reduce the size of your photos to just add them as an attachment to your post. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=778

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Shared a bottle of Beaujolis this afternoon with a lovely friend - we had lots of laughs and he went home with a large slice of choc cake :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

operation "Clear the jungle" pt.1 is complete, moving on to pt.2