What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by bubbles1 »

Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:12 pm
Thanks Bubbles, any thoughts and anything crossed is much appreciated.
Keep us up to date XXXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

Pretending to be a mechanic :lol: watching the WW1 ceremony in Paris on TV. Its pouring in Paris but blue skies and sun in the Cher.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Startedt o clear out and organise my craft room. Being hard and sorting stuff I dont need or use anymore to sell and organising the rest. Doing well.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

After the 2 minutes silence, we drove out through lovely beechwoods, colours bright in the sunshine, to one of our favourite country pubs and ate a superb lunch. Then back home to do some autumnal garden tidying while the weather holds.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Watching the rain on the windscreen waiting for OH and wondering if I'll get home before midnight. Not sure when I agreed to be a chauffeur. ... :innocent:

jsks

Post by jsks »

Tiled a bedroom at the end of last week only to find I was one tile short. Tile shop had none in stock but got a delivery today so had to buy a pack of 5 just to get the floor finished. Anyway, it's done. Grouting tomorrow then all the furniture back in the next day.

Feeling quite self-satisfied to see the floor covered.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Change my vehicles ECU for one reprogrammed to allegedly take it from 105hp to 145hp with the emphasis on alleged.

It had a security cage around it fixed with tamper proof shear head fasteners, no idea why as even with that removed (disc cutter on fasteners) it was still virtually impossible to remove.

Job finally done car now goes like stink but dashboard lit up like a christmas tree, read and reset fault codes with VCDS and its now all hunky dory, cerise sur le gateau it feels much nicer when driving moderately for economy but the power is there when its needed.

Its predecessor was 5hp more and significantly lighter, the new one felt nippier and probably was until I pulled out to overtake when the lower power to weight ratio made itself apparent.

So far a good investment for only £110, would have been only £75 for a different ECU, when I think of the money I spent in the past creating undriveable unreliable temperamental cammy engines the price for a plug and go was too tempting, - too much time on my hands.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Killing time at McDonald's took her out for lunch to celebrate two sales.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Thinking I might change my Forum Name to Nifty Slasher.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Spent all afternoon trying to connect a security camera to the internet. Succeeded in the end but what should have been a job taking just a few minutes took well over three hours.

We have a Wimax router which has an aerial, a base station and then a router. A password is required to link the base with the router and this I'd diligently written down. Then another password is needed to link the router to everything that connects to it by wifi. This second password wasn't written down because it's printed on the back of the router. I'd set all this up over a year ago and had completely forgotten about the two passwords.

Of course the camera couldn't connect with the base station password which was the one I had repeatedly tried. In desperation I took the camera down and placed it in range of our second copper wired router to which it connected instantly. Still the penny didn't drop. I disabled my mobile phone's wifi to convince myself the password I was using was correct and then the phone wouldn't reconnect. I returned to the Wimax router and began messing around with various connexions and settings. It was only when I was checking cables that I spotted the router's password label.

:oops: :oops: Bingo... the camera connected at once and my phone's working again.
“The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk."
—Ogden Nash